I need clubs explained

I need someone to explain clubs to me like I have friends IRL would that be a cause for a club? and how would I make a club

2 Likes

Well a club is an ancient weapon used primarily for blunt trauma. If your really going to beat your enemy into submission then may I recommend the tried and true heavy war hammer. As used by the ancient Egyptians and others. Personally I’m more of a slicer dicer myself, I can make mounds of Julianne fries on the fly as we say in the kitchen.

12 Likes

a yoyo club is just a group of folks that meet on a cadence and throw yoyos together. thats all it has to be. it could be online, it could be in person it could be daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly. no requirments outside of love yoyos and meet up…

With that said some clubs get bigger become programs at libraries or community centers, run events, contests, have swag or merch or club specific yoyos or signatures or whatever else. some are tied to companies or brands. some are staples of the larger yoyo community. or have large social media presense or harbor some of the greatest new players in the community contest scene. all of that to say there is no one way to run a yoyo club nor a right way. start small and meet up somehow and if you see something cool you can do or a gap you can fill or some good you can bring to the world then do it.

YYBC (yoyo boomer club) is an online club that has raised funds for toys for tots, run Fixed axle february and modern responsive march and maybe 2april and meets online monthly over zoom.

YYBC started with a joke about yoyo boomers that turned into a thread and eventually became a group of interested folks and is now nearly 80 people and three big events in.

DMVT DMV throwers is the local DC are yoyo club and meets in Arlington monthly and we trade yoyos, do ma bit of BST stuff, practice tricks, talk about yoyo events or news and help new players that pop by. We have a cub scout troop that has joined us and are a program at the arlington central library, We have a cool logo and are looking at doing some cool swag (stickers, magnets and junk) we have some really neat ideas about some small contests or events we can do in the local area and have teamed up with three local juggling clubs in the hopes of doing a mini local skill toy contest next year in the dc area.

DMVT started with 6 folks meeting at a local park in Arlington monthly and grew to what it is and is still growing through a few folks just deciding to try something and see what happens.

Start small and see what happens is the point im making.

6 Likes

to specifically answer the how do i make a club part. get some yoyos and some friends and meet at a place. you now have a club. from there you can decide if you want to go bigger or not.

4 Likes

thanks because like yoyo boomers now has a symbol on these forums now and I was just curious how that happens

2 Likes

ahh that is a bit of flair added because we have a group on yye that andre setup. there are other groups on the forum but non of them use the flair feature (or they existed before the feature was implemented in the platform)

I think we are the first “club” to get this and we have been involved in a bunch of neat projects that have warranted some efforts to create some cool stuff but im not sure what andre’s vision for that is beyond our use case right now.

3 Likes

This might be my all time favorite comment in this forum :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

2 Likes