I made some stuff, including an art!

Made some pocket holders/ bloops to keep my throws safe while out and about. Now that I’m getting more proficient im less embarrassed to toss in public lol. These are two different styles one with a hair tie as a cinch, the loop being a like a yo-yo slip knot. The other is the bungee hook with the hook end cut off and the cone wrapped in some spare string.

I like with the second one I can lengthen or shorten the bungee to change where it sits in my pocket, or can have out and proud lol.

I also decided to center-groove a very old YYF flat bearing with a micro grinder and carbide bits. It actually works!!! The bearing is still kinda beat despite a through cleaning and a drop of lube, but I have an OT on the way for my Dif, anyway. Glad I tried it!

12 Likes

Damn that’s brave to add a center track yourself

Very cool stuff!

I’m a born tinkerer, what can I say :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thanks!

2 Likes

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/show-us-your-coolest-diy-yoyo-related-accessories/405744

2 Likes

Well okay then!

2 Likes

I was trying to do the paper clip thing so it would be in both threads. Alas, I’m tech illiterate :pensive:

Very cool stuff, though! I’m especially enthusiastic about that groove you carved into that bearing. I’ve been thinking about trying that.

1 Like

Thanks!

To do that, I clamped a dremel into a bench top vise and used two different bits, one with a flat end to carve the initial groove, and a rounded pointed tipped bit to widen/ smooth out the groove. I ran the dremel and put the bearing on a pencil tip, and slowly lowered it down on the edge of bit, eyeballing center of the bearing. I ran it a bit letting the bearing spin to get the cut even, then I flipped the bearing and repeated, and then switched bits and repeated again. I then used 2+2 to clean it, and shop air to blow it out, and added a drop of lube. Works well!!

1 Like