I just competed for the first time

At the German national yoyo championship I competed for the first time. I competed in the 5a division. It was so thrilling, amazing experience. Tomorrow I’ll get the results. I’m really excited.
And the party after this was lit, i returned to my hotel 3:30 am lol

46 Likes

Congratulations on your first competition! No matter what the results end up being, you’re a champion for getting up there and showing the crowd what you’re capable of. I’m glad the afterparty was a lot of fun as well! You may end up making some really great friends for life.

6 Likes

Congratulations. That’s pretty cool.

Best wishes on your results

4 Likes

Let’s go! I bet you did amazing

2 Likes

Congrats! I’m honestly getting a bit antsy at how eager I am to enter my first competition. I feel like the first attempt competing is gonna be super rough, but it’ll only go up from there. Glad to hear you had a good time!

5 Likes

Hell yeah! The first time is a crazy feeling, so is the second and 3rd. If pnwr happens next year, it’ll be my 4th time doing a freestyle. When i’m up there, i forget about the contest and look at it just as a challenge to see if i can hit all my tricks, in a row, in front of people. It’s hard. But fun!

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. I’m on my way home now.
So the result is… I’m the 5A champion of Germany!!! I made it!!! I’m so happy I’m in tears.

Group pic with my friends

My trophy

I got these two yoyos and a DVD on how to juggle as a gift. Can I get an ID on these throws please? What models are those?

this was my performance

22 Likes

Do it. It is so much fun. And always party afterwards haha

4 Likes

Congratulations!!! The black yo-yo is the yoyofactory r-type, it is the monometal version of the IQ

4 Likes

WoW!!! Way to go. That’s so awesome!

5 Likes

I am so hyped for you! Congratulations on your victory, and for having the nerve to get up there and compete in the first place. The trophy and yo-yos you got are awesome, too. Great job and way to go!!

Edit - I just finished watching your performance, and you were so good. Really smooth. I haven’t tried 5A yet, and I’m curious how often you end up throwing your yo-yo across the room? I can’t even imagine the number of hours it takes to make it look as clean and effortless as you do.

8 Likes

Yooo, thanks man! I’m glad you like my performance.
Sometimes my yoyo flies away when I attempt some risky banger tricks. I’m glad that didn’t happen on stage because a yoyo flying off stage can get you disqualified haha!
And learn 5a, it’s a cool style :game_die::game_die:

6 Likes

Let’s go you’re insane

3 Likes

Congrats! Really nice performance, too! I didn’t realize we were in the company of a champion.

I think the throw on the left is the Rain City Skills Author in the Thriller color way. If it’s really light, that’s probably it.

3 Likes

Thanks @Theycallmecotton @Shapapy
Yeah that’s it! @Shapapy the yoyo is so light. It’s clearly the lightest yoyo in my collection now.

4 Likes

Congrats dude! It’s massive just to compete, but winning 1st at your first event is absolute madness.

6 Likes

Congratulations.

4 Likes

Congratulations on the W!

4 Likes

Thought I’d check back in to forum-land and this was the first thing I saw.

CONGRATULATIONS!

You definitely deserve it. You can now officially say you’re a better yo-yoer than me, because you’ve won your national championship.

You are also part of a VERY exclusive club of people who won their division at their first competition.
I’ll notify the others that we have a new member :wink:
Serious bragging rights

Savor the victory. Then, keep going, keep pushing. And keep me updated.

7 Likes

That’s awesome man! And having seen you throw in real life I’m not so surprised you did well in the competition. Congratulations!

4 Likes