Hubstack orings

Got a brand new 888 GT and right out of the box one side did not spin very well I found out the o-ring was split. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to replace these? I’m thinking about going to the hardware store and matching it up. Looks like you could just put a little lube on the o-ring and slide the hubstack over it. I was afraid to pull the other side off to see how that worked, because it was kind of hard to pull

3 Likes

You’ve pretty much answered your own question except you don’t need to put any lube on the o ring when you slide the stack back on. Hubstacks can be a little tight when pulling them off but they slide “on” a lot easier.

4 Likes

I would try sending Yoyofactory an email. Years ago, I needed a replacement axle and they helped me out. It’s worth a shot! They are nice people lol

Go to the hardware store and buy some o rings. That was the genius of there patent. They didn’t patent the hubstack, they patented the o ring connection. Taking AnyYo out of the equation yet allowing things like rotating side member’s.

1 Like

I went to the hardware store and matched it up. It worked. I had to put the hubstack on first and then press on the o-ring with two very small screwdrivers. The hubstack would not slide over the o-ring

1 Like

I think pulling a hubstack off is what broke the oring. I put the hub stack on and then pressed on the o-ring.

1 Like

Most failure of this assembly is its disassembly by the novice. Party on Garth!

1 Like

You might have an easier time popping the bearing out of the plastic put the bearing on the post and then slide the o-ring on. Then you can slide the plastic sleeve back into the bearing.

2 Likes