Hspin ICON: A High Speed YoYo Review

Reviewed by Chris Rhoads

Whenever I hear the word icon I always think of the absolute top in that field. Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Jimi Hendrix, even Steve jobs and Bill Gates; all of them are, or have been, at the height of their profession. They are so recognizable that they essentially personify their area of expertise. That being said, an icon doesn’t have to be a living representation or the tops in the field. The world is full of icons, representations of religion, automobiles, fast food, and the list goes on. In the yo-yo world I cannot think of a definitive icon. It could be the Smothers Brothers, maybe the trick “Walk the Dog”, or the Duncan logo. The problem with all of those is that they are from a generation removed from today’s modern players. Sure most start with tricks like “walk the dog” on an old school Duncan but they progress past them quickly. Today we are looking at the Hspin ICON, Stefan “Magl33to” Benjamin’s signature yo-yo and the second entry in the Hspin CORE series of yo-yos. With a name like ICON this yo-yo needs to be at the top of its game. Anything less would be a disservice to Hspin, Mr. Benjamin, and to yo-yoing in general.

Click the link below to continue reading the review:
http://www.highspeedyoyo.com/reviews/hspin/hspin-icon

I’ve tried this guy’s icon and it was a great hspin yoyo for the price. I hope yoyoexpert gets them.