Hspin Cut: A High Speed YoYo Review

When I first laid eyes on the Cut, the only thing I could think of was the movie Tron. I know it sounds weird but go with me on this and I’ll do my best to explain. This connection has always bugged me because I could never quite put my finger on it. I have had this same impression of the Cut since Hspin closed 2008 with its introduction. A couple of days ago, I pulled out my Tron DVD and watched it with my 5-year-old son, Sam, and I finally understood the connection. For those of you too young to remember Tron, it is about a person who is sucked into a video game world. At the beginning of the movie there is a scene setting up how organic material can be transferred to the digital realm. In the scene an orange is shot with a laser that digitizes it and the image shows up on screen. Now, when this naturally curved orange shows up on a monitor screen it isn’t quite right, like the computer can’t handle the curve of a circle so it is now a series of small angles put in place to try and mimic a circle. The Cut looks like it was once a normal curvy yo-yo that has been digitized and transferred to the Tron universe. Don’t get me wrong, I love the movie Tron, so having a yo-yo on the market that reminds me of it is great. Now the question is, will I be as fond of the Cut as I am of this beloved movie from my youth?

Click the link to read the rest of the review.
http://www.highspeedyoyo.com/reviews/hspin-cut