How to flat pack a single yo-yo for cheapest shipping

I actually just used this to print postage and a label for Poland. It printed the declaration as well. I haven’t sent overseas in a while, is that a new thing? Used to have to wait in line for overseas packages.

4 Likes

Oh man if true this is a gamechanger thanks @markd

2 Likes

Well of course it’s true I just did it! Lol

2 Likes

Good idea, but unfortunately it mega-fails if you don’t have a paypal balance, at least for me :frowning:

(There’s definitely a bank account associated here… so IDK…)

3 Likes

I guess you can just add balance to your PayPal account from your bank account. Then your balance is positive and maybe it works

Takes 3-5 days to do that, so not really a good option. I searched the error code and some people say adding a credit card works so I’ll try that. There is DEFINITELY a bank account attached here so the error message is already wrong.

3 Likes

Oops. Then try what you said haha

Huh. I’ve been running mine on $0.00 with a linked checking account for quite a while.

Edit: I also had a linked credit card the whole time, as a backup

2 Likes

Yeah it freaked the HECK right out until I added a CC. Then it was happy.

5 Likes

Yea that’s odd. I’ve done it quite a few times, I have a bank/debit card attached though.

1 Like

The funny thing is this is better than the USPS form, not just because it actually allows you to send first class package internationally … but also because it accepts accented characters and is generally a far nicer UI!

6 Likes

I love the fact that it lets you fill out the customs form. That used to be such a pain.

4 Likes

Wait do I have to attach the customs form? oh wait I see it’s part of the label. All good.

4 Likes

The absolute best part is you don’t have to wait in line at the post office (which used to be a requirement when sending with a customs form). You can just drop it off at the box.

5 Likes

don’t forget, turning your milk sour and, transforming all your cheese into Limburger…

2 Likes

It looks like PayPal also sends to the receiver an email with shipping info and tracking ID xD

1 Like

Oh man. I didn’t know that existed. I’ve used PayPal to print labels for sales via G&S but I didn’t realize you could just buy/print a label for any package.

I wish USPS just worked like this. So stupid that this isn’t just available via USPS.com.

3 Likes

So if I’m sending something to Hong Kong, is going through PayPal the way to go? I’m pretty new to shipping, and have never sent anything overseas.

1 Like

Probably the easiest option is to use PayPal

3 Likes

Edit - oops sorry someone else pointed out you can ship for less through Paypal. I didn’t know that trick for a while either and it’s made things soooooooooo much easier.

Honestly, if I got a yoyo like that I’m not sure if I would laugh or cringe. :sweat_smile:

I could totally see a situation where f the buyer didn’t like something about the yoyo (ie: “hey you said this was 8/10 for vibe but it’s 7/10 you ripped me off!!!”) this is exactly what they would blame it on.

But yeah use Paypal, it’s super easy and cheaper :slight_smile:

3 Likes