How to choose my first YoYo?

Hey, guys, I am not expert but a newbie here. First of all I want to say hello to everyone. :slight_smile:
I’m interested in yoyo lately and want to buy my first yoyo, but I don’t know how to choose a good one. I found a red one which I think that it is cool
links to other stores removed
I never bought yoyo before, so I cannot make my decision which one to buy. How about their prices? Are they too cheap or?? Have you any other good recommendations?

Those are really cheap I doubt they will work well and you’ll just get frusterated and give up on throwing. I always suggest a yomega brain to start, you can buy them at local toy stores usually. But I would start out with two yo-yos though. Something responsive, like a fast 201 is really good to learn on and it will grow with you. You can unscrew it more to make it less responsive when your ready, also locally here they had henrys lizards they work the same way and I really like it too. Then down the road I suggest a protostar for full unresponsive, they are great and for the price they are about the best yoyo around in my opinion.

Wrong Section of the forums I believe and by the way dont buy those kinds of yoyo trust me its not worth it (my current yoyo is like that but from a reality yoyo show lol )

get a velocity (yoyo factory) can’t go wrong with it, well balanced, good sleep times, responsive AND unresponsive as you want it to be, fairly cheap ($20 ish)

make sure you buy extra strings as well (at least 10/20 strings), if you’re motivated like I am, you’re gonna eat 1 string per day easily

Also, from a beginner to another, you can check out my beginner’s guide that should cover all you need to know for a good start

1 Like

make sure you buy extra strings as well (at least 10/20 strings), if you’re motivated like I am, you’re gonna eat 1 string per day easily

Also, from a beginner to another, you can check out my beginner’s guide that should cover all you need to know for a good start

[/quote]
Thanks, your tips are very helpful for me.
By the way, the one you mentioned above seems that it is made of plastic? Will it break easily since I am a beginner and learner?  ???

It’s very durable despite being made of plastic it’s most likely more durable then those you were considering before. Trust me it won’t break unless something goes seriously wrong or you get really mad and chuck it on the ground with some real force.

you’re welcome

actually if you’re afraid to hit it on the floor/walls/misc. you want to get a plastic rather than a metal

it can take the beating, I often train outside and I occasionally slam it on the pavement, still playing like day one

try and get 100% poly strings too they feel very nice. if you can afford, you should try different strings to find out which one you like best.