How much would a yoyo string rig cost?

i have been making string with no rig and it is really inefficient. so, i just want to know how much will it be to make a rig.

3 Likes

How do u even make a rig? I literally make string in a different part of my house everytime I do it :joy::joy: wherever I can manage where my toddler won’t come yank it down

1 Like

You have a place in your home your toddler doesn’t instantly come the moment your doing anything hobby related?

1 Like

No not a set place. That’s why I said it’s usually different everytime lol. She always wants to be with me so I’m constantly having to find a newer high spot to mount my hooks

2 Likes

She always wants to be with me…

Value those moments!

2 Likes

If you’re looking to make a 1-string rig it can be done very cheaply with some 2x4s/plywood and some hooks. My first “rig” was able to string up 5 at a time, but they had to be spun individually. It was nice to batch the different task, but in the end I was only a little faster with the rig vs doing them 1 at a time.

The real time saver is being able to twist multiple strings at once like this: https://youtu.be/VvK-C71KfZ4?si=Q7JRp_yQL2Giznjj

Making something like this is quite a bit more expensive, obviously.

Another big time saver is to run all of your threads at once, rather than using one spool and having to do 5-7 wrap passes. A daruma can pre twist them so you only need to do the one wrap pass. Alternatively you can make a spool holder to hold up to 8 spools and run them all at once. Running all of your threads at once will definitely be the biggest bang for your buck and save you the most time, short of building an elaborate rig.

4 Likes