How much Thin Lube?

I put a drop on my bearing and it became responsive enough that I couldn’t grind. Did I put too much on? Does anyone know a good amount to use?

Most people put a drop on the tip of a needle and use that amount. Don’t worry about how much you put on, it will break in over time.

I did the exact same thing to my Campfire once. couldn’t get the thing to palm grind without winding up. It was really annoying, but as mrcnja said; It will break in over time.

okay, assuming that 1 drop is the amount that comes out if you turn the bottle upside down, and squeeze until the smallest amount possible falls to the table, i find that 1/3 - 1/4 of that is perfect. makes it quiet, but keeps it unresponsive.

yes, just a drop, and then it will be responsive-ish/ snaggy for a while. just play it for a day and it will be perfect

1 or 2 small drops is good. :wink:

I find that when I use my yoyojam thin lube all I have to do is turn the bottle upside down on the bearing and just touch it to the bearing without squeezing. Just the gravity on the bottle will give it enough to put a small amount on the bearing.