How much does Color affect how much you like a throw?

I have one of those coming. Just so happens to be in a colorway I’ve always wanted, jackrabbit.

Nice, jackrabbit is a nice colourway. So many throws, so little money.

I know the feeling.

To hell with the fades. LoL They are getting old tho. One of many reasons why im digging one drop lately. Ive finally seen the light. If you wanna really good yoyo, thats made well, plays well, and looks great … ne ways, color certainly affects how much i like it and how often i pick it up.

What about polished or raw? How do you all feel about those?

I love how a polished/raw yoyo looks! How about you dust?

Never had a polished or raw. But just recently got a nickel which has a similar look. I’m loving it. But I also like the tarnished look, so I can’t wait for that to settle in.

Brushed raw titanium is where it’s at. I recently got a blue splash Octavia but the clean mechanical look of a raw ti yoyo just complements the sound and feel so well. That and the gunmetal grey on one of my YYRs and Noctu are perhaps my favourite colours.

Thinking about the yoyos that I use most, the majority of them are solids or relatively plain looking but it is still really mixed so I don’t think it has a significant effect on how much I enjoy the play of the yoyo.
Also, can’t believe how much hate fades are getting. Wasn’t that long people were complaining about the oversaturation of splashes.

Well, Ive never had a raw or polished one, but the one I traded for is BOTH! Polished on the cups, blasted on the body. Its a very special collectors piece that im pretty excited to get. One of One experiment from Mr. Kimmet himself. Likely going under glass display. :slight_smile: My first thought was that I could get it anno’d the way I wanted, but once I saw it, theres no way I could ever…

Always purchase by color, appearance is important to me.
In rare cases I’ve purchased one yoyo only to have that specific staining.
In some cases I prefer solid colors, in other more complex colors (I’m waiting for the arrival of my The Egde Kucera ed. for example) …
The only color that I do not like is the black, blacks have only Start the Riot (the steel rings stand out) and a delrin prototype .

Normally I’m not super picky when it comes to colors, I like a lot of colors too, it’s more on how the color is implemented. Also there is not many yoyos out there that have bad colorway to begin with IMO.

Except when it’s a combination of funky and weird colors like below… then it doesn’t matter if the yoyo is good. No offense Yoyoempire, it’s just a preference thing.

Funnily enough, I like Phenom colorways.

^^^ I think that the blue/blue rims looks pretty nice, and the pink/gold rims matches fine, although I’m not a big fan of pink myself.

Regardless, I give them props for trying color combos that most companies don’t by coloring the steel rims. If they threw some of those blue or gold rings on a clear, dark grey, or black body, then they’d have some pretty awesome looking combos.

Man, that green and blue one! MMM MM!

Yeah, that Green and Blue is sharp!

I want a corruption but the colorways are so…well not what I like👍

True, but that price tho!

I got the Grey Colourway and i love it. It almost seems to flip between dark grey, black and dark green.

Plus such a great throw for the money, would definitely hold its own with others worth twice as much.

Also just saw some of the new color ways for the corruption. Should be a hard to beat buget metal.