How far have you come?

Show me your progress by posting the earliest recorded trick circle you can find, then the newest, with dates! I’ll start. Just a coincidence they are almost exactly 2 years apart, lol.

Oldest, April 9, 2018:

Newest, April 5, 2020:

5 Likes

This might be one of my first recorded tricks on Instagram:

Circa 2013

Otherwise, outside of trying to be a show off on a unicycle, here’s one of my actual first recorded tricks (and possibly the “most complex one” I knew at the time, this was in 2014 and I was still thinking Split the Atom was some hot stuff.

And the last one I posted a couple weeks ago:

7 Likes

3 November 2019

Now 4 April 2020

3 Likes

Nice fellas! Keep them coming!

1 Like

I don’t have a ‘first’ video to share…lol the ones I do have from the first 8’ish weeks of playing are far too painful to upload to youtube to be shared.
I was having a hard time landing Rewinds, Skin the Gerbils and Cold Fusions.
It was a big milestone for me to land this one in June of last year (a couple of months into throwing)…

Here’s my latest trick compilation I just put together a few weeks ago:

I’ve pulled off some really cool tricks I’m pretty proud of…the thing that eats at my self confidence/esteem is the fact that I’m very inconsistent…it can take me FOREVER to finally land a cool combo or trick.
I’m blindly hoping that practice truly does make perfect and my consistency will increase at some point.

7 Likes

Earliest: https://youtu.be/Mf7eZhQv8tQ

Newest: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Pv9Pjh4MF/?igshid=14ipr9893j6f7

5 Likes

It is so super encouraging @adamantiumpops and @hobbygod to see some of your earliest videos of you guys noobing it up! haha…you’ve both become such amazing yoers over the years and I have a ton of respect for both of you…seeing you struggling like I’m currently struggling gives me hope!

3 Likes

It is equally encouraging that you out me anywhere NEAR @hobbygod. Patrick just makes everything look so easy, it’s nuts.

Thank you for that high praise. You’re hitting things in that weekly trick log that I never could.

3 Likes

The videos aren’t loading for me :frowning:
Are they loading for everyone else?

1 Like

Not loading for me either. I got all excited too.

2 Likes

Sorry about that…i thought i could work a link. Try again…
First video is in Costa Rica on my honeymoon. I was throwing regularly but i wasn’t learning anything new. I feel like this year has been my best yoyo year ever.

This i posted to IG yesterday from my living room.

5 Likes

A little further digging…realizing that I had some pretty primitive stuff on Youtube. This was one of them as early as 2010 when I got back into throwing:

This was me doing various things using a split bottom mount - my first venture into exploring a given yoyo element. My yoyo collection was minimal with just a Yomega Dash, Pocket Pros Zombie, Freehand 2010s, and Duncan Metal Drifter. I quickly learned that I did not like Duncan’s quick-wearing friction stickers. I think I may have been demoing how to get into a split bottom mount for somebody hence my really slow and robotic technique - my first trick tutorial at just a few months back into modern throwing.

4 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

@twitch77. I fixed the problem. Sorry.

2 Likes

Wow look at the progress on you guys!!!

@hobbygod with over a decade of progress, way to ascend sir!

@adamantiumpops and @AKYOYOMIKE crazy progress!

By the way @adamantiumpops, I do like your first trick in your early video on April 2018.
Is it called smell the armpit? :joy:

4 Likes

@AngryGumball, that unicycle video was gold!!! :joy:

1 Like

I was waiting for that one to repeat itself.

2 Likes

Here’s a very early video. August 1st 2017

Here’s now. March 2020

7 Likes

Dam sun

2 Likes

You looked pretty solid 3yrs ago… your so smooth in and out. Nuts.

3 Likes