How do you prefer to play your bearings?

I was just wondering if you guys/gals prefer to play you bearings dry or do you regularly lube them?

I personally prefer to play mine dry, I like the longer spin times and they just seem to play a bit smoother to me (That may just be a mental thing though) And not to mention I know where to buy any size bearings 10 for 20 bucks (And so does anyone ells that has done a google search for them) so It’s no big deal when I need to replace one (Which has yet to happen)

so what about you guys?

-Brett

I won’t play them dry. Metal on metal with no lubrication is damage waiting to happen. Bearings locking up for no reason other than being dry is just silly to me.

By “Damage waiting to happen” do you mean to just the bearing, or to the yoyo itself?

almost dry I put the smallest amount of lube in the bearing race

i just use a little thin lube to keep it quiet. however that didn’t work on the center track bearing. it still made my Dv888 sound like a boat motor.

i normally just run em dry. seems to work for me. i have no problem buying bearings in bulk for cheap. ;D

semi-dry…tiny drop of thin lube ~

thin bearings (which i throw 80% of the time) - caked on thick lube.
thick bearings - however they happen to be. i really don’t fuss about them. whatever comes in my spyy’s seems to be consistently solid.

do u have to lube aigr bearings because i have 1 and im not using it because i dont got thin lube i was wondering if it would hurt it to run it drie

I run mine dry with the littlest amout of lube. ussally I drip a tooth pick in the oil and just touch a few balls and thats it. Oh i also like to run them without shields.

I lightly lube the bearings.

dry cause all i got is thick lube

You should consider getting some Thin Lube then (or find an alternative) cause playing dry immensely shortens bearing life.

Back to the Topic, I play mine lightly lubed.

I lube them whenever they get loud. I don’t clean bearings anymore.

I usually use YoYoJam Thin lube or unicorn blood to lubricate my bearings.

… Please tell my this is a real band of lube. And if so where can I get some?

I believe drinking Unicorn blood will make you immortal

New favorite person on the board :wink:

Me? or Samad?

You,… And Samad… Anyone that makes a HP reference pretty much :wink: