how did you start throwing

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I went to Hong Kong (an island just off China) in 2008 and yoyoing was one of the big, viral, popular things there so I got some random cheap Chinese yoyo but it broke and I couldn't sleep with it (don't remember exactly what happened).
 When I came back to Scotland, about a year or 2 later, I found my old yoyo and decided to retry yoyoing again and then stopped again (I think???) so a couple of months later, I bought myself a Yomega Fireball from a local store. My Fireball pretty much started to get old and at the same time, my 2 aunties came to visit from Hong Kong and bought a new semi-responsive yoyo for me. I kept on yoyoing and eventually, bought myself a Dark Magic II from Yoyoexpert which I found online and continued on my journey of yoyoing.
 My DM2 got old and I got back to using my semi-responsive chinese yoyo and another couple of months later, I bought myself a mystery bag in 2012 and then, from there I got another couple of yoyos and got to where I am now. Nowadays, I'm not really 100% dedicated but I focus on yoyoing every few months and sometimes throw whenever I feel like it.  ;D

Ok there are other 50,000,000 threads about this. Use the search button

Found this on front page. Decided to post. Forgot about the ‘Introduce Yourself’ thread. Oh well I haven’t posted there yet and can’t be bothered copy and pasting. I don’t even know why I’m typing this now.

well thank you then…

I was big into yo-yoing in the 90’s early 2000’s when I was in junior high/high school. Well about 5 months or so ago I was running a booth at a local marathon sign up when the fifth third bank was handing out brain yo-yo’s. I was so excited…(and after 5 days of running a booth next to the culligan guys…quite bored) I threw that for literally 3 days listening to music and just reminiscing about how much I loved throwing I decided to see if there were any cooler yoyo’s out there.

I went to a local toy shop and got a cheap 10 dollar ball bearing high spin chinese thing which actually was so much fun. Where I work we have a TON of down time, and well all threw it just having a blast. We would have how many around the worlds you could do before it died contests.

I decided to see what other tricks I might be able to learn and figured like everything else google would be my savior. I found this site and it is history from there. I started at the basics and I am now at the masters section. I decided to skip whip tricks for now, but I will get back to them after I finish hard string tricks in masters.

I bought a DM2 just about 2 weeks after I got that cheap aluminum throw from the toy store, and now I have a mystery box Hubstack gen, benchmark O, and protostar.

Love the sport and have a blast doing it.

Soooooo??? Whats your story?

I remember one Christmas, my mom n dad gave me n my bros n sisters duncan yoyos in are stockings. We was having a blast playing with yoyos in '98… 2 years ago me n my girlfriend when to some wacky kids store and they had a yoyo section thats where I bought me a raider and a z pro. I started to buy yos from like toys r us n such but I had to have the best. I ended up buying a monkeyfinger forte. It was the greatest thing ever. Then in 2013, my yoyoing came to a holt when I started to make music with my cuzin. This year I been looking at my yoyo box, and I been wanting to plaay again so I am playimg again.
so I decided I gotta collect the nice clyw yos ;D

It was either late 2006 or early 2007 and back then I was only 12 and I remember watching cartoon network almost every weekend. They started playing a commercial about the 2006 national yoyo contest that featured Aj Kirk, grant Johnson and Doc Pop. Next day I was at a store and found a duncan proyo and I’ve been hooked since.

I got a yoyo one day and learned a few basic tricks… a few years later i saw a video of andre

Poorly.

Are you always negative?

Just started my senior year in highschool and had nothing to do after my half day of school. Saw a yoyo in a hobby store a few weeks earlier and it caught my interest. Looked up some videos and thought it looked cool enough so I bought a metal drifter and was hooked from then on.

Dumb old me got a job like two weeks after getting a yoyo so it interfered with my playing. This was over a year ago and I still play with yoyos and have that dumb job.

I’m sorry your current encounters with my posts have not been cheerful, but I can certainly assure I have had good reasoning for responding this certain way. I was hoping to divulge some information that could be beneficial in the future, and that he can inquire that knowledge, or anybody who has not heard of the search button, and put it to good use.