How did you end up here, and with a yoyo? …

As a kid in the 90s, we were given those yomega throws. Got good at those, then never looked at throwing again for like almost two decades. Then my brother got into it, which got me interested. Then I got my first throw (Tenyoyo Decapod), got more throws, and practiced. Then I set throwing aside for a few more years, pretty much gave my brother the majority of my collection. Now I’m back into throwing. For my small collection of five throws, and I’m happy with that. All of my throws have some level of scratches and dings (moving from WA to MA to HI can do that to things), but they all spin just fine.

It’s funny when I show people the few tricks I can do, and it blows their mind, calling me “really good” or “expert”. I always have to correct them, that I maybe, just slightly call myself better than amateur, usually following that with a video of a championship 1A video.

Wound up here on this forum, because we got a “network upgrade” at work which subsequently removed 90% of my ability to surf the internet. But some places, like here, are not blocked. So here I am.

3 Likes