How can I easily remove scratch marks on my yoyo?

Hey guys I damaged my Magicyoyo N5 while doing some whip tricks and it created a lot of scratch marks. Can somebody please tell me how to easily remove this scratch marks.

2 Likes

I think that those are more like scars than scratches Iā€™m affraid. As long as they donā€™t have sharp edges, Iā€™d be inclined to leave them.

2 Likes

Can I atleast coat it?

A lot of paint wonā€™t stick for vert long onto anodized aluminum unless you prime it first. Where you thinking of trying to match a colour to it? You could try nail polish.

The more you play with it, those marks slowly become invisible (to the minds eye :rofl:)
or it gets hidden amongst all the other damages.

If itā€™s scratches you can try and use a metal polish to try and buff out, but for scars like that as @Lukoyomentioned you kind of have no optionsā€¦

Thanks Iā€™ll try if thatā€™ll work

1 Like

Damage not always a bad thing. Now you can use it more freely without worrying so much :wink:

2 Likes

Oh yeah but it kinda vibes nowšŸ˜”

Vibe? Vibe! Perfect! An excuse for the next yoyo. What more do you need? :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

It is 5A May, now you can play and learn 5A with it.

1 Like

I would say - just leave everything like it is. Like someone said - you will not notice those scars in a few days - itā€™s a phenomena of the yoyo world. As for vibe - try to be careful and take it apart, flip the axle, put it back together and see if the vibe is still there. Before anyone jumps all over meā€¦this has worked for me.

1 Like

I agree but I would leave them alone if its not sharp.

1 Like

People need to change their ā€˜mindsetā€™.

Firstā€¦ Breathe deepā€¦ Relaxā€¦Repeatā€¦

Clear your mind of all Preset notions.

Now follow these instructions directly to Nirvanaā€”ā€”ā€”>

Recognize a basic classification for yoyos.

1. Yoyos you will buy to display and not really play. Just stare at and enjoy without even putting a string on your finger.

2. Yoyos you will throw. But only under very controlled conditions and carefully.

3. Your general play and practice yoyos. These yoyos get the most play as you attempt to learn every single trick you have the energy and perseverance to attempt.
    These yoyos are like 4Wheel Off-road trucks.
    They are specifically purposed for hard play and no fear of incidental damage: scratches, gouges, dings, scrapes, etcā€¦
    You totally accept the reality that during the course of you potentially intense practice sessions, that your little ā€˜off-road yoyosā€™ May have an occasional scrape with death and destruction.
    That is the price you are willing to pay to advance up the trick ladder.

You accept the fact that playing in fear of damaging your practice yoyos is counterproductive to improving.

Think of your practice yoyo as a new skateboard. A beautiful New Skateboard that looks New and Beautiful. And you want to keep it that way Forever and everā€¦

And after one all day session of Kick Flips on asphalt; your board looks a lot differentšŸ™€

As one of the guys already mentioned, if itā€™s not a gougeā€¦

Gouges with sharp edges obviously need to have the edges removed.

But get use to practice yoyo damage and just keep throwing and learning and having fun.

Also remember that many of the lower priced yoyos are made with lower grade, softer metals. And have a tendency to show damage faster.

If you live in fear of damaging something; invest in a good chair. And just sit in the corner doing nothing.

Rememberā€¦

1. Display yoyos
  2. Dress and play nice yoyos
  3. Work yoyos
  4. Have funā€¦

PSā€¦ Now, before somebody gets on me for not directly just answering your question. I will do just that.

Most types of yoyo damage can not be removed ā€˜easilyā€™. If the damages cuts into the finish; itā€™s ā€˜thereā€™.

No easy fix. You can sometimes reduce the visual impact of the damage by polishing, etc.

But mostly no easy way.

22 years ago, I started messing with yoyos. Many years before that, I spent well over 20 years as a Professional Car Painter. I have seen just about every imaginable type of damage possible to paint and metal surfaces. And all the while, teaching others how to rectify finish damage.

So, yoyo damage is like one pimple on an elephants rear end in my book.

But I fully understand that exotic car owners andā€¦ yoyo players both enjoy taking care of the ā€˜finishesā€™ on their toys.

I would suggest the yoyo you pictured on your post be classified as your Duty yoyo.

Donā€™t deliberately beat it to death. But if it takes a hit now and again; just smile, shake your head and keep throwing.

9 Likes

Nailed it!

Iā€™ve tried tuning my yoyo and it actually work. Now it plays just as good as beforešŸ˜€

2 Likes

Itā€™s sharp

1 Like

What exactly did you? The info may help someone else plus I am very nosey.

1 Like

Unless you can find a magic marker of a similar color, itā€™s almost impossible to fix a scuff on an anodized yoyo. A non shiny red, black, blue or green can probably be ā€œfixedā€. That shiny blue will be a bit harder.

I tried Sharpies but it comes off very easily. I tried an oil enamel marker and that came off easily too. I just donā€™t care anymore. I donā€™t really notice rubs, dings, or knicks anymore.