Horizontals

I’ve done fingerspins, but just started trying horizontal today. Look for videos on doing the Banana Turnover, I can land it but not the bind to get it back.

you bind regularly. And here’s a few tips, move fast so that you keep the string from the edge of the yoyo. You probably know good yoyos for horizontals are yoyos with low walls.

I can do horizantle at like 80 degreese on a good day but the only thing I can do consistantly is bannana turnover to skin the gerbil. And I can do horizantle palm grinds but that dosn’t really count cuz the yoyo’s just sitting on your hand.

Ok I have a routine,
It starts with a long regular horizontal,
regens into behind the back (paul kerbel angle), bind behind back,
paul kerbel style trick that ends in a triangle formation,
regular combo with (banger?) slack at the end,
under the legs (behind the back essentially) paul kerbel style,
end with regular frontstyle trick that regens to horizontal breakaway, a form of one-handed bind.
Everything’s difficult, but most of the tricks are new so I think it shouldn’t be too hard mastering them. I’ll need better tricks of course to ensure making finals… Of course I’m not entirely sure I’m going to do a horizontal prelim :stuck_out_tongue:

fun.

All at 80 degrees? That’s good.

I like that you corrected his spelling in the quote :wink: I know that you “bind regularly” out of the BT mount but I’m usually so surprised that I land the “trapeze” that I forget to dismount quickly enough to keep the horizontal momentum going. I’ll get it, it’s fun to try something completely new and I haven’t hit myself yet!

I od taht whenevre somone mispels a lto of wrods.

Just aim to do a trick that will keep the momentum moving so you have time to get over your surprisedness.

I do some horizantal in this freestyle I can get it a little flatter than that it was just because I was nervous up on stage.

kuyostar?

what’s that supposed to mean?

search for it on youtube.

When I started learning I did it at 45 degrees but now I’m close to 80 degrees but most people just do rolls with horizontals except most pros although Tessa did horizontal Eli hops on her winning routine gotta say I was really impressed she did it for so long.

I noticed that When Gentry did his horizontal, it the yoyo was in line with the judges line of sight. It may look better from that angle. I have always strived to do horizontal completely horizontal but I have seen people with hardly any tilt to the yoyo call it horizontal.

for what?

for a while I was practicing horizontals so much so that I could try to do this, I can still do around 25 seconds but obviously my tricks aren’t that hard.

lol that’s like doing a horizontal just for the points and just for the sake of doing a horizontal

As if you aren’t guilty

I want to see you do this :open_mouth:

I’m gonna do it at NY states (if they have prelims and if I don’t chicken out).

I do 95 degrees sometimes. Ask Erik. We go to the same yoyonight and I do good horizontal well I think I do.