Hmmm... Should I dye it this colour?

Not so sure yet… There’s no going back if I do.

7 Likes

Don’t you need the synthetic rit dyemore for it to take at all? But yes, that color.

1 Like

Dont know what that is… But it worked last time. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ah, carry on then :slightly_smiling_face: you should try making a pattern on it.

2 Likes

Purple is a good color, I say go for it. I would just go solid though personally. Not always a fan of patterns or splashes on plastic, especially if you’re just practicing with it. You could always practice on a piece of scrap rather than a finished yo-yo to see if you like the look of it.

8 Likes

Glen you can easily make any pattern, by taking Elmer’s glue and masking off what you want to be white, then wash it off afterwards.

2 Likes

YES!
full sentence

1 Like

Purple is a good color.

Go for it.

Yeah go for it

The Amplified Vinyl in this picture is Rit DyeMore purple. The dye you have there will be very pale. If you do try it, just make sure you keep the solution warm (I like between 150 and 175 Fahrenheit), and keep the halves moving and away from the vessel itself. When I dyed this one I also dyed a pair of pants, so the halves were sitting on top of them the whole time,but still submerged. Now I have purple pants.

6 Likes

RIT Dye doesn’t work on synthetic materials. Don’t use acetone, it’s not good for the yoyo. Buy a fabric dye actually meant for synthetic fabrics like iDye Poly or RIT DyeMore Synthetic.

2 Likes

It worked last time…

1 Like

lets see those pants !

1 Like

I mean… you knew you were getting purple pants out of the deal going in, right? :laughing:

3 Likes

I did! They are fantastic, if a little wrinkly

3 Likes

It’s not made for plastics/synthetic materials though, it won’t work as well.

1 Like

can you show us a pic of your purple pants?

1 Like

There’s one floating around here somewhere. Or maybe the shorts I also dyed.

1 Like

There it is

3 Likes