Hit the ground... But no ding?

In my experience wood floor does nothing to yoyos.
I always throw in my room because it has a wood floor and I’ve found out it doesn’t ding the yoyos.
Although, it can mess up the bearing and possibly give vibe if u hit it hard enough.

Yeah, that’s a little something us yoyoers call “Luck”.
Thank God for your good fortune and continue yoyoing.

1 Like

ya i have hit a few yoyos wicked hard on wooden and fake wooden floors and it appears to do nothing. one time i wacked it on a wooden floor an that funny smell that it makes when you get a ding started smelling but i couldnt find any ding or flatspot. I don’t know if it did anything to it or not

Sorry. I should’ve been more detailed. So I tested out the the fragility of my code 2, which has a pyramette finish. I tapped it on my wooden desk using a little more force then if I just dropped it 2 inches above the desk. When I looked at it, there was a tiny flatspot. So I tried the same experiment with my grunt bull blasted nessie. No flat spot. Tried it with my avalanche. No flat spot. Finally, I tested my cascade. There was one tiny flat spot. Does the pyramette finish lack durability compared to other finishes? In other words, is the pyramette finish weak?

Based on ur test it aparently is.

Whenever I hit a wood floor with a yoyo, I dent/dink/do something to my yoyo. So, lucky you. :smiley:

The pyramatte finish isn’t meant to be a heavy finish.
Everything gruntbull does is Beadblasted. Beadblasted basically adds on a layer of blast in a way.

Pyramatte is just a tumble. The yoyo halves are simply tumbled to ensure they won’t cut string, have sharp edges, and will look matte when anodized. The pyramatte finish is in no way meant to be applied to add extra protection.

It’s simple really, when you drop anything onto a hard surface (yoyo, cell phone, a brick, etc…) it’s bound to be damaged…why even test it? Haha

Hmmm thanks for explaining, it answered most of my questions. Guess It was just my curiosity that had me test my theory.

:smiley: they’re your yoyos, you do what you want :wink:

This one time at band camp, my yoyo hit the wood floor and 3 days later I got a splinter… :-\

that’s just ridiculous haha

Nothing wrong with playing over a wooden floor, dings will happen. I’ve never gotten a ding over a wooden floor, a flat spot maybe but that’s it.

I hit the ground all the time with no damage whatsoever. Completely possible.