High Walled Yoyos

I think you got your point across…

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I was unsure until you chimed in mommy…

1 Like

Dang sig. I don’t see people mentioning it much. Underrated. I use it when I’m trying to learn a trick. I can feel the string pushing against the walls and I know I need to readjust posture/hand-placement. With the H rims. It makes me feel like a yoyoing machine.

Forces me to play straight and more accurate. Not so much that I will fail if I dont… More like it’s constantly gently nudging me to better execution.

I thought about putting it up on the BST - but every time I pick it up I time travel to the future about one hour… a future where I am a yoyo machine and no longer want to put it up on the BST. 8)

Whoa man. Sorry if I was rude. I was joking.

Don’t mind mo he has thick skin. :wink:

1 Like

If the yo-yo plays well then I’ll use it, if it’s high-wall or not.

1 Like

I didn’t think what you said was rude. I though it was funny.

1 Like

So… what are the benefits of a high walled design? Easier string rejections and easier for you to manually tilt the yo-yo? I’ve many high-walled throws from a long time ago (FHZs, Lyn Furies, Hitmen etc) and I think the trade-off isn’t worth it.

I had the same question in my mind.

There aren’t really any ‘benefits’ besides those which you’ve mentioned. Even though the higher walls may help rejections, it’s not like low walls make rejections impossible. After all, let’s not forget that the rejection king uses one of these:

https://www.yo-yo.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/JanosBarracuda-2.jpg

Looks pretty low walled to me, but it never seems to hold Janos back.

The fact that most modern yoyos have mid-low walls nowadays reflects the fact that from a performance standpoint, it’s widely accepted as the more agreeable option. Granted, there will be people that will point out how high walls force you to play more accurately and may help smoothen out your style, but that doesn’t seem to be enough of a selling point to keep high walled yoyos flying off shelves. :-X

Still, it’s nice to have a couple of high-walled options out there in case you want something a little different. I’ve been meaning to pick up a Onedrop Dang for a while, it’s just that since a lot of Onedrop’s new offerings are lower priced, dropping $120 for a splashed one is currently enough to keep me at a “I’ll get one a bit later” state. When the CiTizen’s hit YYE I plan on dropping quite a bit of cash into Andre’s pockets, so I might finally pull the trigger then.

Highwalls help with regens.

1 Like

sick man, you’re a yoyo genius. Way to bash the n00bs d00d.

So, I have this Square Wheels Royale with Cheese… it has walls that are approaching “mid” (side note: Cascade has pretty low walls. Not “no” walls, but they’re low…).

I don’t play it at all differently than any of my other yoyos, and I don’t “notice” the wall in the least. I don’t play horizontal, mind you. But the point being that with the exception of horizontal, you’re thinking too hard if you’re worried that it’s going to dramatically affect your ability to play it.

Horizontals are my favorite style to do, so I like low wall.

1 Like

It’s not a nessecity. Jensen learned horizontals on an OG Wooly Marmot.

This thread inspired me to go back and learn all my current tricks on my first yoyo (Speed Beetle)

A lot more difficult than I thought, but fun!

So the last high walled yoyo I had was a Super Spinfaktor. What’s the must have nowadays? DM2?

I’m not Jensen though. :stuck_out_tongue: