Hideyoshi or knight?

Hey guys! i was wondering if anyone has any experience with these yoyos… i know they are in different price ranges, but someone i know is buying my gopro and i want to know how these compare before i drop some cash on them with the money i will have. ;D

also…i saw someone saying somewhere that sengoku yoyos are manufactured by magicyoyo… this isnt true is it? I personally don’t believe that, but i just want to know everything i can about this yoyo before i get it! Thanks guys!

Imagine if you will: an enormous manufacturing plant with a bunch of employees and equipment.

Those employees and equipment could have guidelines for making inexpensive yoyos with a bit looser “tolerances”, materials, QA process, etc.

The same employees and equipment could have guidelines for manufacturing high-end high-precision yoyos with tight tolerances, high-quality materials, and a stricter QA process, etc.

In other words-- I don’t know if he uses the same factory or not. But it doesn’t matter. The Sengoku yoyos are absolutely top-quality and it shows from the moment you throw one. Finding out that it’s a shared manufacturer with MagicYoyo won’t change that fact, and would just be evidence that multiple processes are in place. Which is not uncommon for the world at large.

You will be hard-pressed to find very many people able to offer a comparison. I have not played a Hideyoshi because they’re a bit rare. I do own a Knight, and it’s also from a small company and therefore not incredibly widely distributed.

I can tell you that the Knight is great. Bi-metal performance with unique embedded weight rings (all the grinds!) amazing at fingerspins, has a lot of power for a very light yoyo. I have heard similar things about the Hideyoshi, but a few more people find the Hideyoshi has a “different” feel to it (which some people adore!).

Hope you find the real opinions (from people who have played both) that you’re after!

1 Like

Sengoku yoyos are manufactured in Japan, not China (so no, not made by Magic Yoyo).  Sengoku released a video showing the manufacture of the Masamune:

Also, High Speed Yoyos has a very nice review of the Hideyoshi up on their site if you want to read that.

1 Like

thanks guys…yet again i really did not believe the rumor that they were made by magic yoyo anyway…it was just one guy who made a comment…it is just i always wanna be sure when i buy a yoyo…i am a fanatic when it comes to buying the perfect product…I think (for me) sengoku is the one! ;D
Thanks guys!