Hey guys I just made a channel and posted my first video!

I just posted my first video/review. If you guys could give it a like and subscribe it would mean the world!=) Please leave any criticism below! Here’s the link to my channel: Yo-Yowen! - YouTube

7 Likes

I’ll check it out now!

1 Like

Great video! Dropped you a sub

2 Likes

Very nice video! My only slight criticism, was that the music in the first part was just a little distracting in some places where it briefly got a little louder. This is a very minor criticism and I thought the video was great as a review and showed some high level skill!

2 Likes

Thank you, for the next review I will be using a real microphone so it shouldn’t be an issue. Thanks for checking it out!!

3 Likes

You’re off to a good start! I do have some points that I think could be improved but overall I like the thoroughness of your review.

Suggested changes:

1. Use a filter on your microphone, there’s quite a bit of wind noise. Alternatively, you can add what’s called a “highpass” filter or noise gate in software (check out ReaPlugs for a very nice free suite of plugins, specifically the plugin call “ReaFir”) to minimize the wind noise.

2. At about 0:09 seconds in the video, I’d prefer no background music. I’m kinda stupid this way but how a yo-yo sounds is important to me so I’d like to just hear the yo-yo spinning. Same for the play clip that starts around 4:11, I’d rather just hear how the yo-yo sounds in play without any background music.

3. Speaking of background music, I like the smooth jazzy style but the vocalizing in the track was a little distracting and at times sounded like background noise in your recording environment. This is more of a nitpick and a personal preference on my account so take it for what it’s worth!

That’s all I’ve got for criticism, here’s what I really liked about your review:

1. The fact that you compared aspects of the yo-yo with a widely-used model. Comparing how a yo-yo plays to a popular model like the Shutter gives a lot of people a very good real-world idea of how the reviewed yo-yo behaves. I really like that!

2. The detail of your review. For instance, at about 2:42 where you point out how the shape of the yo-yo can induce unwanted drag and again compared it to a widely-used model.

3. The organization of your review. While I love watching favorites like Dylan Kowalski and Throws ‘N’ Brews, I find your style of categorizing aspects of the yo-yo to be much easier to absorb and therefore, for me, more informative.

Oh, and you forgot to put the specs on screen but IMO this isn’t a con, as the specs are available pretty much anywhere the throw is sold. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think most of us don’t pay attention to the specs in YouTube vids. Maybe put them in the description?

I know that most of these points are personal opinion so don’t let them dictate what you really want to do with your vids. Overall I did find the whole thing enjoyable and informative despite the minor objections I had. Subscribed!

Ivan

5 Likes

I really appreciate your Insight. I will be trying some things out with a better mic and a quieter room. It means a lot thanks for checking it out!! =)

4 Likes

Great! Subbed.

I’d say the only criticism I have is about volumes. Using a mic and lowering the music volume will work just fine.

I loved the review, the comparison with another yoyo and especially the fact that you own the skills to really test yoyos potential! Keep up the good work

2 Likes

I just bought a new mic and will make the audio better. I greatly appreciate you checking it out!!

3 Likes

Keep up the great work

2 Likes

I’ll making a video right now should be up tomorrow!

3 Likes