Hey everyone

Hey everyone I just wanted to clear some things up I am very sick right now I have some nasty kind of flu or cold and on top of my Ms acting up the last month so I’m pretty much stuck in bed all week today’s the first day I probably could have gotten out of bed I have a friend of mine going to the store to send awesome yo-yos, I know one person probably very concerned I personally messaged him and apologized and I sent him some assorted zipline strings to apologize for me scaring him of being absent I want to thank you for the people who know me and try to lay the rumors to rest,ppl are nasty,I’m am not a scammer or out to get anyone,for the veterans on here know that about me, I’m 38 years old, I don’t have time for that kind of non sense, I just wanted to post that so everyone knows the situation, I am feeling better today, but I’m still very weak, at least I can get online now and reconnect with the world lol, thanks everyone -chris

21 Likes

feel better

7 Likes

Hi Chris,

I already replied to you in the PM but for completeness I wanted to respond to you here as well and not just ignore this. :slight_smile:

Understandable, I didn’t want to make a big thing of it, and as I mentioned before to you last week, and in my email, I really don’t want what has happened before to cloud or influence my judgement on someone.
As far as I am concerned we are starting fresh, and as I said, I’m cool if you are cool.

However, I must admit after extended days of radio silence this has started to concern me.
$120 is a lot of money to me, as I am sure it is also for you.

So not knowing what to do, I reached out quietly to the mods and asked for advice and how I can contact you and they advised that I make a public post to see if anyone heard from you. I hope I didn’t come off accusatory in my thread.

Sorry to hear you were so ill that you couldn’t even be online for a week, that really sucks.
I hope you feel better soon.

It wasn’t so much that I was anxious to receive the yoyo quickly, it was more that there was radio silence.

Thanks and I hope everything concludes smoothly. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hope you feel better Chris.

1 Like

Chris,

First of all. I hope you feel better. MS is a B and everyone here is pulling for you. Second. I appreciate your service to our country from the bottom of my heart.

And third. You have an entire forum of people who are truly your friends and brothers. I’ve been in the yoyo community off and on for more than a decade, and it’s one of the best hobby communities i’ve ever been a part of. I don’t think there’s one of us here that wants to see you go, and I for one am bummed out that things are where they are now.

I wish you could stick around the forums and see that this community is really awesome, but i’m sure you realize that we see some sketchy behavior, and we want to protect our brothers, including you.

I would love to see you stick around. But I do think that you should either be middle manning your deals with a trusted 3rd party like a Mod, or not have a BST at all. And again. A lot of people here know that you’re a standup guy, but at the same time this has been a problem for long enough that you should have a plan to keep it from being a problem in the future.

12 Likes

Hi @Chrisdoc145,

The frequency and untimeliness of these radio silences are really starting to eat away at me.
Please can you respond so we can wrap this up and put this episode behind us?

Hi guys,

Okay…

So with the risk of backlash from the forum about this being frowned upon, or being dishonourable etc, I asked for the trade to be called off and a refund issued yesterday.
I know it’s too late to say this as it has already gone a little out of control, but I didn’t want to make a big deal out of this, and it was never my intention initially.

However, this has kind of ruined the whole yoyo experience for me for these two EB & EB 66% so I wanted to stop this before it was too late and while there was still a chance as it is still yet to be posted. I just want this to be over and done with to be honest.

Yesterday afternoon, @Chrisdoc145 gracefully, accepted my request to cancel this trade and he has promised to issue a refund first thing this morning as he needs to put money on his card first to do so.
I have also sent him a gentle polite reminder this morning to make sure it happens.

However, the time is now almost 4pm in New Jersey, and first thing in the morning, or just morning in general, or most of the day to be honest has now come and gone and I haven’t heard back since yesterday afternoon again.

:cold_sweat:

6 Likes

Man this makes me so sad :frowning:

4 Likes

He did this to me too. He said he would send me stuff that he didn’t need, it’s been 8-9 months and I still didn’t get it.

6 Likes

Oh no, so I don’t have much hope?

Feels bad man… now I wish I just bought the rose gold rimmed blue Overdrive Draupnir during the black friday sale for similar amount of money that I lost.
I would have 1) not had money left to buy this on BST and 2) wouldn’t have been interested in buying this from BST at least not right now. :frowning:

Kind of losing faith in people a bit… and that’s not good

5 Likes

And this is what makes me so sad about this whole situation :frowning:.
It’s so upsetting that someone would take advantage of such a nice, honest, trusting person. :frowning: Just feels so dirty and wrong to me.

5 Likes