Help with my non throwing hand

Hi! I want to get into 3a and 2a, that kind of stuff… but my non throwing hand sucks, is there any habits I should learn to get more power from my non throwing hand?

2 Likes

Just use a responsive Yoyo to get more comfortable throwing and catching with the off hand at first is what I did .

3 Likes

Should be the same as someone starting out with yoyoing for the first time except harder because ur using your non dominant hand.

Once you get good enough with nd hand practice looping and you might find it to help for 3a.

3 Likes

I really turn my body when throwing an off hand breakaway. More so, so it feels like throwing front style. I think most beginners do this with their throwhand at first. But for 3a specifically, it’s nice because your off hand only needs to do 1 type of throw since front style and breakaway is the same, when you do this.

After thinking about this, this is probably bad practice. But it’s one less thing among the all the things happening while learning 3A. And also, daisuke shimada threw like this, and he is cool.

2 Likes

It’s just like relearning beginner level yoyoing again. Have fun!

2 Likes

I suggest starting to play your dominant hand with your non-dom hand holding a yoyo, which will help a lot for 3A.

3 Likes