Help - Remove White Stuff?

Got a yoyo from the b-grade sale. Looks like this… What’s the white stuff, and how do I get rid of it? It’s rough, like fine-grit sand paper. Acetone did not help. Is it some kind of etching residue?

1 Like

Umm pretty sure that’s an engraving lol

4 Likes

That… that would be unfortunate. Also - not entirely sure. Just took a pin and scratched it, to test your theory - and the white stuff came off where I scratched. I can see un-anodized aluminum underneath, now, nice and shiny silver. Wonder if there’s a way to get rid of this without scratching it all off…

2 Likes

Looks like an engraving tester! Sweet

You won’t be able to remove it, the engraving is already lasered into the anodization layer, which isn’t that thick.

1 Like

It was maybe put there for a custom engraving someone wanted but never paid for? Look what came on my b-grade Czech Point. I hate it but…what am I supposed to do?

Fair enough. That stinks. I didn’t even know YYF did custom engraved stuff.

1 Like

That is an engraving. I tried it at lvo, the engraving did feel weird.

From the menu - find “custom”…

Ah. Can I un-anno the bit that bothers me?

Thought that was only for California’s. Didn’t realize they’d added other models. Huh.

The regular shutter engraving isn’t that useful for fingerspins either, tbh. You can still do it though.

I suppose you could sandpaper it all off? or smooth it out with finer grit

1 Like

its the b-grade engraving

2 options to remove it: strip the ano, or polish it

You can actually polish it with very fine steel wool, 0000 grade. Won’t damage the anodizing.

2 Likes

WOOO! Yes, I will do that. Thanks! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Me being scared to click a post after reading the title volume 2:

5 Likes

BAHAHA I didn’t even think of that. I’ll just be over here, dying of laughter at my own unintentionally poor choice of words. Oh, man…

1 Like