help getting my maverick unresponsive

Oh, you will have to make a longer axle. Sorry forgot that. Just add the width of both shims (I made them out of an ice cream tub lid) and the regular size c bearing then subtract the width of the old bearing. Then add that number to the stock axle size and that should be about right for the new axle, although you might have to make it a little smaller. And be sure to put the shims under the spacers.

arem250-

Out of pure curiosity- would you ever consider modding someoneā€™s maverick? Iā€™d totally do it myself except I just donā€™t have the tools. Namely a grinder. Just a question at this point.

Can you show us the pic of your spacers now?

Thats a dash. Just sayin.

A dash and a Maverick are the same thing on the inside.

Here: First satin job - Yo-Yo Mods and Maintenance - YoYoExpert Forums

Possibly, although the mod doesnā€™t look pretty (see the picture) however it works very well, better than I thought it would anyway. I would like to work on it a little more before I did for someone else. I have an extra set of spacers that I was going to try and make it a little less ugly.

1 Like

Maverick and dash are the same yoyo. Only difference is the gap.

I know. I was explaining thats why its raw and still has blue in the rim. :3

??? Are you talking about my dash?

I meant the rim around the bearing seat, it still has a bit of blue.

Oh I see.

ā€¦ aight i had the same problem, if you want it to me unresponsive (for the most part, its a yomega soā€¦) take out the blue pads and replace em with yyj rubber o rings and put it back to gether and play. i never clean my bearings and i only lube 1 ball about 1 ever 2 monthsā€¦ helps keep bearing life but not enough to really slow the spin time. Hope i helped

How on earth did you put a YYJ O ring in your dash? They are so different from yomegas response pads.

You put it around the spacers. trust me, my friend has done it too.

It sits nicely into the groove without falling down. It fits flush too so you would need stock unshaved o-rings I believe.