Heelys… Ashamed?

So, I know some people may think that yo-yo isn’t for people my age (37). However, this forum has proven that wrong! How about some Heelys!!! I am not ashamed to admit that the No Heelys in Walmart pisses me off also :joy:

BTW, they are selling size 15 adult now… I am going to be clicking the “notify me” button some today. I don’t like the available colors and my size 13’s are just too snug…

8 Likes

i didn’t know they still existed…. they look dangerous

3 Likes

You’re the best buddy !!! I actually enjoyed the heelys I got to try (near 15 years ago lol) , but I can’t see myself wearing em partly because of how I can feel the wheels raise up the heel when your walking AND I just didn’t like the style of shoe , make a pair of high top Nike or Fila’s with wheels and maybe I’d be more open to it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They actually have some shoes similar to that now… I believe Reebok

1 Like

For me personally? It was Soap shoes.

I think at some point they had a model of Heelys with the Soap grind pads? Now those would be sweet to own a pair of.

2 Likes

Intrigued :sweat_smile: I’ll have to look into it because I’d love to wheel around as I push my lil dudes stroller :joy:

2 Likes

I was bigger in rolling than grinding… I converted my Solomon Aggressive Skates to 80mm power-blades. Way faster and smother!

1 Like

I was all about the moon shoes personally…

2 Likes

I was only ever into skateboarding so the aggressive inline world eludes me, but dang I still wish it would come back into popularity. I loved the style and attitude it had at the time.

2 Likes

Ohh the good old times. Don’t know if I can still do it without injury tho :laughing:

2 Likes

I just went outside and tried them out… I can get by :wink:

3 Likes

I want a pair of steel toe heelies so I can zip around work like that blonde doctor on Grey’s Anatomy before she gets her leg amputated

3 Likes

may I just take a moment to acknowledge the greatness of this thread
title?

1 Like

With my hips the way they are today? No thank you. Actually, maybe. Okay I feel like if I hurt myself on them it’s a lesson well learned.

1 Like

I appreciate this! I really wanted to relate this to the shame of walking out of the house with a yo-yo in your pocket and returning home without removing it from your pocket. I have also wore my Heelys in mixture of pride and shame.

Anyone else grab that yo-yo with the thought that “today is the day.” You are going to pull it out and see if you can rekindle that old flame in someone! (Or maybe you are scared they will get excited and end up homeless and in bankruptcy). However, they got a smile on their face…

2 Likes

This is correct.

Genuine_Heelys_Roller_Shoes

They had a few different models of it. As someone who was a huge fan of aggressive inline in the 90’s (jetsetradioooo) I owned heelys, soaps, and these, along with freeskates and rollerblades ofc. I like anything that’s out of the box when it comes to blading, it sucks to have a boot and blades strapped to your feet sometimes, just from a convenience standpoint, it’s what made me jealous of skateboarders being able to hop off their board and be on their way. And It’s what made me love Heely’s.

Quick tip for heelys, you can use them like skates if you keep your toes up. Then you place your lead foot forward, and the one behind follows. You make a figure 8 or snake like motion with your feet, the lead one creates the shape and the other foot just follows, but while it’s following it’s also “pumping” to keep your momentum going. If you have heely’s on, you really never have to walk if you don’t want to, they’re amazing and I have no shame in loving them.

I think Soaps should make a comeback. I’d imagine with Tik Tok they could really blow up.

These are freeskates, I used them to ride around on campus after the Heely craze. I never got good at them, just enough to skate around.
41NwcCsTCZL

Last but not least… Xjsados…Basically the skates of my childhood dreams. They have standard versions (Doops) but Xjsado went under a few years ago. Someone else bought the brand and remade the skate, but it’s not the same. I could wear addidas or pumas/low skateboard shoes and blade in these. The new ones require proprietary snow boot lookin shoes.

You can see I love heelys and would have no shame riding those badboys around in public. Thanks for getting me back on the train, gonna go get me a new pair.

4 Likes

I wanted Xjsados and never got any, but I did get these and still have them! Nearly mint

2 Likes

Very nice! I always love me some Valo.

I have a pair of Werbeski’s, then I bought those Farmer 6’s pictured for a rainy day. I really didn’t try too many other brands after I got Xsjados just because of the cool/convenience factor but I was looking at picking up some Aeons or THEM in the future.

The set I use the most since I mostly just cruise now is my midtowns.

Cool to see we have some aggressive bladers here :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, I was more excited about power blading because of the bigger wheels. However, if you wanted to grind, the smaller wheels were better

I had a Dreamcast as a kid and Jet Set Radio and Sonic Adventure 2 definitely played a pretty big part in locking somewhere in the back of my brain that “Yeah, inline and soaping are really cool.”

Those grind boots that slip on are kinda surreal, they’re cool but I kinda feel like that would lose a bit of how cool heelys/soaps were. How with those you could just bust out some tricks anywhere without needing to lug around big gear.

1 Like