Haven't thrown since 2007, bring a "back to beginner" up to date during Halloween Sale!

I used to throw way back then too and just started back up a few months ago. Yoyos are so good now, you really can’t go wrong. I remember modding my yoyos to make them unresponsive. I shaved down my FH zero to silicone it. Now you can buy anything and it will be just as good if not better than things you had back then.

I have a VTWO and I’ve come to the realization that I dont like the Bearing. It feels nice and smooth but I feel like it would be much better with something else. I find myself reaching for other Yoyos more often because of it.

2 Likes

:rofl:
More like a bad ■■■■■■■■■■■■ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey you, twitch, and I alike, the necro yoyo’ers.

Have you considered changing the bearing?
I bought a back up DS bearing with the VTWO, and I think the TI-Vayder already comes with a centering bearing, so did my Dove.

Yeah I still pick up my legacy to smooth out my tricks and it makes a lot of difference, and my dove isn’t even a metal yoyo :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl: what a come back, thank you sir!

1 Like

Don’t give up on it! I HIGHLY recommend swapping the bearing in your VTWO with a centering bearing. Take one out of your others throws if you don’t have a spare.
I bought a Legendary Terrarian a few months ago and was really underwhelmed with it. It was smooth and spun forever…but I had a hard time with it tilting (a large part of that is just the fact that I’m a noob) and it just wasn’t all that fun to throw around.
I was about to give up on the throw until someone suggested I swap the bearing.
I swapped to a concave bearing and it completely transformed the yo-yo and made it one of my favorites!

2 Likes

Yeah I plan on changing the bearing but haven’t bought one for it yet. I will probably get a ds.

I have a bunch of yyf plastics and they are all awesome. I still play with a bunch of really bad Yoyos to prove to myself that it’s not just the Yoyo making me better.

2 Likes

haha I’m FAR too lazy for this! :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol I think it’s fun especially trying to do hard tricks with my first Yoyo. It’s a transaxle kind of responsive yomega.

2 Likes

@codinghorror, I don’t think there should be any issues but I just wanted to double check in case there was any system error or something like that.

So I ordered a grey TI-Vayder on Sunday, order number #1346 and below is a screenshot of the confirmation page.

Oddly, I haven’t received an order confirmation email yet, but a few hours later I did get another one of those “complete your purchase” email reminding me to buy.

So I just want to check if the order went through, and if not, I will go back and do it again. :slight_smile:

Thank you @codinghorror

1 Like

I’ve got a darkside edition, but I’ve been tempted by the gray…
also just wondering, but what’s your stand on dings and concrete? Are you planning to only play your Dove over less friendly surfaces? or is it not important?

2 Likes

Hey Jon,

For me ideally, I would like to keep my yoyo’s clean if possible, but I am not that fussed over dings at this point in time. I figure, right now it’s kind of inevitable, and at the end of the day, other than losing money when I sell who cares right? :slight_smile:
I know dings can give you slight vibes, but it’s not going to affect my skill right now, and when I get better and get more yoyo’s maybe my future purchases will end up staying cleaner.
For now I intend to not worry about my yoyo’s and just enjoy playing on them.

Having said that, at least for now when going out the house I plan on carrying the dove, either on it’s own or even if I carry out another one like the VTWO or the Vayder, the dove will come with me so that I can use it to practice tricks I am still learning or so others can try if they ask.
The other two metals, I will use when I am just having fun and going through combos of tricks I already can do decently.
But as I get more and more sufficient, I plan on using what ever yoyo I feel like at the time more and more regardless of the surface.

Or so I say right now, but who knows, I might still cry over it.
For example back in '07 my pyro was the beater yoyo, but then again, i rarely hit or dropped anything.

[Edit]

The Vayder (although I know it is platinum and they are sturdy) I will probably baby a lot more though.
VTWO, I can replace etc, and might have other yoyo’s later I play with more, Vayder, I feel like it’s going to be yoyo I keep and use until much later in the future, so would be a shame to destroy it now.

3 Likes

Yay! Thank you so much, super excited @AndreBoulay

4 Likes

Hi @codinghorror, I just received a confirmation email that the Ti-Vayder has shipped.
Thank you so much again!

1 Like