Happy fourth!

Fire show is my kinda action. The wife and I did a small fire performance in the front yard on the 4th. Fire eating, poi, and double staves.

2 Likes

Sounds like an adventurous combination. :wink:

3 Likes

Sounds awesome, I was absolutely amazed. I imagine that playing with a flaming hula hoop and spinning it into interesting patterns is considered poi? Im not familiar with the nomenclature of the art. She also had this light look that transitions into different patterns and stuff, and it seemed to know exactly what the user wanted. I can’t even imagine the amount of practice time it would take to get good at this. Probably on par with professional yoyoing id imagine.

2 Likes

Poi is a ball on a chain ( ravers with glowsticks), hula hoop just is😁. It definitely takes dedication to become proficient- I’ve been at it since '02 .

As for the lights, most LED motion props now have accelerometers in them. Anytime the speed or direction of the object changes it causes a shift in pattern. The gear I used when I worked for SeaWorld had that plus made ultra highdef pictures- absolutely stunning and fully programmable.

What an age we live in.:sunglasses:

2 Likes