Halo won't unscrew

Whatever I do it just won’t come apart. It was like this out of the box. One side of the axle seems way farther in than the other.

I’m going to take a guess. And it’s a bad guess. So, proceed with caution and don’t do anything excessive, OK?

1: I have a RecRev Sharp, and it’s a bit tight in the bearing seat area. When I had it sent out for mods, somehow the axle got lost. I’m not placing blame, I’m not angry, it’s a non-issue, so I just want to put that out there. Anyhow, the yoyo shipped back with the bearing between the halves in the plastic film-cannister container it shipped in. I thought it was good to go, but it wasn’t, because there was no axle. Yet, it held together very well.

2: Going with that kind of information, and knowing that many people have stated the Halo bearing seat is very tight(as is the DiBase, both of which i am very interested in getting), maybe you’re right. Maybe the axle is way on one side and it’s actually not threaded into one half.

3: Assuming 1 and 2 are true, perhaps all you need to do is pull one half off the bearing. I have no good suggestions how to go about this. Anything other than hand strength I don’t feel comfortable with. Probably some sort of wedge system would work best, Whatever you do, don’t rush it. Take your time and go at a moderate to slow pace so as to avoid damage.

If it was me, I’d actually take one of 2 paths right now, perhaps both at once.
Path 1 is to contact where you bought it from, explain the situation, and then see what they advise. They may say “send it back, we’ll send you a new one” or “send it back, we’ll take a look” or “send it back, we’ll figure out what to do from there”.
Path 2 is to take the same approach with the manufacturer. Odds are you’ll get similar answers and treatment.

I have found in my experiences, dealing with those who SELL yoyos and those who MAKE yoyos has been very pleasant and a very nice change from the typical horrible customer service I’m used to receiving.

1 Like

I know for sure there is an axle in there. I may contact yoyo expert if nobody can figure anything out.

Be more proactive. You can get YoYoExpert involved right away. It’s good sometimes to approach things from multiple angles at once. You never know where the fastest answer will come from.

If you bought from YYE, I know they’ll do their best to take care of the issue.

Try harder. The Halo has proven to have a VERY tight bearing seat. Remember, lefty loosey righty tighty.

1 Like

It came apart after a ton of force. Thank you both.