GTR, GTR JS, Grasshopper GTX

Has anyone tried these 3 and can compare them to each other? Only in play and handling tricks, price doesnt matter. Thanks!

2 Likes

I own the grasshopper gtx , I played Justin Dauer’s gtr and I also own the gtr js . The grasshopper is great very stable plays like a tank. The gtr is similar with a little more float to it due to the diameter and width increasing. The gtr js has the same feel as the gtr but it’s lighter , it does everything the gtr does but quicker and better. That being said if you prefer a little more weight the gtr may be preferential to you. You can’t go wrong with any of these YoYos .

7 Likes

I have only played the Gtx. BUT. I debated it for a long time, and actually sought advice here. It’s become one of my favorite throws. Can’t go wrong

2 Likes

Love the grasshopper gtx such a great stable long spinning. the gtr beats it a bit bigger little more heft on string very similar looks u cant go wrong with both but the gtr is better. i havent try the js but its lighter so it be quicker

2 Likes

^ just buy this guy’s GTR, $60 is a steal for the performance you’re getting.

4 Likes

I have all 3 right now, get the JS.

*Only get the GTR instead if you passionately hate the lighter yoyos, don’t care for it’s agility, and really like wide yoyos. (I doubt this will be the case)

*I’d only get the GTX if you already have a JS/other well rounded yoyo and you want something with a TON of power and stability. I got the GTX specifically for tutorials.

GTR-JS

• Most agile, unbelievably easy to maneuver. It moves where I want it to so well it feels like the JS is sentient and actively cooperating with me.
  • as @KirbyRobot put it in his tier list, it is " Quite possibly one of the most objectively approachable and well-playing yoyos"
  • most well rounded of the 3

GTR

• The JS, but with a little more heft and it’s still agile, but not as much as the JS (a little harder to speed up, much harder to slow down)
  • Can handle everything you throw at it, but does it without the crazy good agility (JS is just more approachable)

Grasshopper GTX:

• GTR, but feels extremely powerful.
  • Feels closer in width to the JS than GTR even though its not
  • less agile than the GTR, feels sluggish and hard to push when it’s not moving already.
  • ridiculously stable
  • least well rounded of the 3
6 Likes

GTR-JS is the only choice out of these three. Regarding “objective” measures, I think an argument could be made for the GTR-JS being better than the other two.

The entire Duncan team at nats was using it except for Kris, who said he just wanted to use his sig color. I love mine and think about buying another all the time. And it’s just a general high-tier all-rounder generalist, it’s good at everything. Zontals, zoning, speed, etc. the GTR-JS is insanely good.

4 Likes

I also own all three currently and have for awhile, GTR-JS all the way, as others have said - no question about it. In addition to what has already been mentioned, it just feels the most refined of the three.

Edit: wait why did @Schenckinator bump this thread, it’s from over a year ago and the dude prolly already bought and maybe even sold it by now lmao :skull::skull::skull:

2 Likes

yeah I just saw the thread, noticed I have them all and replied cause I felt like putting the info out there lol.

3 Likes

This may be an unpopular opinion but I have a GTR JS and it plays way too light. I guess when I use a yoyo I prefer a weighted feeling (not a sluggish feeling though). I will be getting the GTR and the Grasshopper in the future.

As far as performance the GTR JS is one of the best, despite being light weight it can spin forever.

3 Likes

Yes gtr has great control and weight i prefer it more then grasshopper orbital gtxs. Its thr best throws gtr lineup

1 Like

i ended up buying the GTR JS and did not sell it since I love it so much! I also have an Grasshopper GTX that i bought long ago but it felt so heavy

5 Likes