Good yoyos for slower, smooth play?

I am looking for a yoyo that specifically is not fast, but smooth and stable. I like to play like that. I dont have a ton of money, so under $50 dollars is ideal, but if you have an exceptionally good throw that costs more, go ahead and suggest it.

If you want something under $50, I would suggest the YYF Severe. It’s a derlin (high quality plastic) throw but certainly is up there with the best metals.

Another option is the C3 Capless, it’s $15 over your budget but it’s highly sought after and recommended by everyone on this forum. It’s a pretty amazing throw for the money, it plays like $100 metals. I would suggest getting that but it is $15 over your budget.

I am willing to save up a little for a Capless. I already am planning to get a 2010 G5, do you know how that one plays? Anither highly popular yoyo on this forum is the OD Yelet. What do you think?

The Yelets may be talked about lately, but I wouldn’t call it “highly popular” yet since it’s super-new. Most people haven’t played one yet.

Can’t say anything about the G5, but the Capless is great. Was chucking mine around a bit tonight. It is a “solid” yoyo… when you play with it, you know you have a hunk of metal in your hands (some other aluminums with thin walls and blasted finish feel almost plastic to me… the Capless, not so much!). That’s not to say that it’s a brick on a string, but it isn’t “floaty”; it has presence. To me, having some presence on string is desirable for slow deliberate play.

Sounds exactly what I am looking for! Thanks!

You aren’t the only one to suggest this throw either :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe I really will like it!

I can’t see many people being disappoint with the Capless. Its shape lends well to horizontal as well if you ever decide to give that a try. And it’s comfortable in the hand. And most of the finishes for the Capless are world-class.