Going plastic! Introducing X.Point - Yoyofficer official news!

Right. As Bína already mentioned, switching a whole yoyo from 6061 to 7075 will make a difference of a couple grams. Changing only the weight rings will be negligible. Even for C3, it’s really a cosmetic thing. Doesn’t stop the Berzerker from (apparently, haven’t played one) being a beast!

I think he said the ring added was made of rubber. That may not be so far-fetched.

Hmm, not sure how I just quoted myself. That’s interesting.

Probably because I edited the quotes incorrectly :slight_smile:

A rubber ring added in could easily add the 2.5g. But the weight being discussed was surrounding taking a ring that’s already there (not adding one) and changing its material from 6061 to 7075. That shift in material won’t produce a 2.5g difference in weight.

I misinterpreted what yoyo expert said about it. When I hear high-density I don’t think aluminum. Aluminum is one of the least dense metals there is. Granted they typically use an alloy, but nontheless is still 13 on the periodic table of elements as opposed to one of the denser elements like bismuth, which is 83 on the periodic table. So please tell us, are you using 7075, 6061, or some other alloy aluminum? How much more did it really cost to use a denser metal? Yoyos like the Sturm Panzer use brass weight rings and it has incredible spin times.

Also, where is the “Made in China” going to be printed on these yoyos?

It’s printed on box.

I’m interested in the Eager. Who cares if the weight rings are the same alloy or not? They can effect the weight distribution of the yoyo as is depending on how the cup is designed still, and many people buy normal aluminum designs that cost way more than the Eager as well.

There is a realistic cosmetic demand in the yoyo market, so even if it’s just to look different, the job has been done.

I’m out of the buying market for a long time now unfortunately, but I look forward to hearing about the Eager.

Really? Yoyos like the Stealth Ogre by Sturm Panzer cost $160. Yoyofficer yoyos cost around $60. Granted, brass itself may not cost too much to buy, but the actual process of adding brass rims to a 7075 base would cost a lot more than a simple weight ring. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Back on track, I love the look of the new Fit. I need to get myself a Brave and an Eager when the Eager drops.

Both Fit and Eager is finished and some already shipped to stores.

Will we ever see YYO at YYE?

the world may never know.

I care. As much as I care about aesthetics (a lot) I’d like the weight rings to actually serve a functional purpose. These weight rings seem like they could have been machined right into the yoyo without needing to be press fit. I’ll wait for the version with steel rings.

Sorry if I came of as a jerk, I’ve just been in a really bad mood lately.

I’m really excited about the eager. It may be my first yyo. If you ever do something else with press fit I would like to see an aura.

Better view of Eager’s profile

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/944155_350767318383806_852349195_n.jpg

1 Like

Looks beautiful!

I’m digging that profile shape. Very intrigued. I finally picked up a Brave not long ago, GREAT yoyo. I’ll be eyeballing the Eager and will probably pick one up when I get some extra cash.

Yoyo officer comes out lots of yoyos recently.

Eager is our sixth model, second in 2013.