Gluing axle to YYF GM2 solutions...

Which loctite product would i use to, almost glue my YYF GM2 axle into one half? Or would i even use loctite? I need the axle to stay put.

As always, discuss…

Please Stay On Topic.

Get the lowest strength loctite. It comes in light, medium and heavy duty grades. For small screws you only need the light.

Used sparingly, I recommend the LocTite Blue 242 Formulation(no, don’t get all “oh, how symbolic” on me). A small drop or two at most near the end of the set screw/axle that you intend to secure in. Make sure you have the hex end UP so you can remove it later should the need arise. Let it cure for 24 hours, then replace the bearing and give it a test!

I like the 242 formulation because it does stick really good, does the job very well, and can be broken without much force. It’s not really all that expensive if you consider what it’s meant to do.

In fact, I did this to my kid’s Legacy II. She got a knot, took it upon herself to take it apart to remove the knot, but the axle fell out. Fortunately, we found it. This was over grass, so she didn’t move as soon as the problem was discovered. It was near her feet thank goodness. A drop of Blue 242 and that ain’t going anywhere. That is, it’s not going anywhere unless someone decides it needs to be removed.

Another option is Teflon tape, but unless you’re just looking to thicken it up, it’s more hassle than it’s worth. But, whatever you do, DO NOT use SuperGlue. I know you may be looking for a permanent solution, and it IS, but really, it’s going to get stuck in there pretty much forever. I’m thinking about the off-chance that you may have to do maintenance, you retail the option to do so.

the post are open on oldschool yyf so it dont matter where the hey key is , its always acssesible, why they stopped that god knows yyf has let me down

Thanks guys. Much appreciated and I don’t know why yyf doesn’t do the open post thing anymore. Oh and Mr. Moderator (jhb), what would happen if I used the heavy duty stuff? I knew from the first thing that super glue was not the way.

If you use the heavy duty stuff you may never get it out. That is for large bolts under extreme vibrations. Use it on a yoyo axle and it will likely twist off in the hole before it will twist out.