Gloves, wraps, sleeves, lotion.. protecting your hands during frequent Yo-Yo play?

Yeah now the yoyo doesn’t hurt my hand anymore. I’ve been yoyoin for 9 months and I finally stopped hurting.

1 Like

I used to wear stuff, bit know I don’t. I’ve developed calluses and all that stuff! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pendulum

I struggle with dry, cracked fingers in winter, which has only gotten tougher since i started throwing. I’ve discovered that staying hydrated is every bit as important as using lotion this time of year.

3 Likes

Pretty much this with me as well. I live on a farm and end up doing much rougher things than yoyo on a frequent basis, so I don’t need anything to protect my hands from a little bit of string friction. I also dont yoyo for hours on end, so maybe thin gloves could help if you were rigorously training for a competition. As a casual thrower i dont damage my hands enough after an hour of play to warrant extra protection. My hands are calloused though, so ymmv.

Edit: +1 for hydration. Hands definitely crack instead of callous properly if you are dehydrated. Hand lotion at bedtime usually cures any of the wintertime dryness in my experience. Definitely dont yoyo right after moisturizing though.

2 Likes

:muscle:t2:

1 Like

Haa haa haa. Crap that’s funny! Ha ha hahaha !Haa ha ha ha. Stop your killing me! My face cant stop cramping. Ha hahaha ha. Lmfao.

Agreed, definitely not “wrapping it up” before I yoyo, hydration is key but as eternal put it, best to hydrate overnight (that’s when your body does all it’s healing)

Purchase a nice thick tub of Vaseline and go to town boys

Is anyone else’s NTH index/thumb a darker color than their TH counterparts? (Because of mounts)