Getting tired of Saturday Market?

Some of the Saturday Markets look utterly fantastic. It’s the color I got today, and I have an Aitch in a SM color way. Got a Legendary Terrarian in MoonLord. Hope to get a Krakken some day.

4 Likes

I just find the top two to be very different from the H. Like others stated. It’s very washed out.

7 Likes

Yeah there is quite a bit of clear in the cup of that Aitch for sure

2 Likes

I think this post could honestly be renamed to “define your ideal Saturday market and how this extremely variable color way sometimes missed your mark” lol

4 Likes

Keep both! Diorama and Panorama are familiar but still play different. They’re both amazing!

6 Likes

There is a lot of variance! I think that’s kind of the point right? I love the ones that are mostly blue and purple.

1 Like

I thought it was weird that the SM Kraken was the only one still available and now the Dioramas completely sold out except for the SM’s. Maybe people just don’t want to take the risk?

5 Likes

Saturday market is a bit too busy for me.

3 Likes

It’s kind of like spinart/tie-dye. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win and it’s not for everyone.

4 Likes

I think the panorama is perfect. I can´t imagine how the diorama will improve anything. I´m curious to read some comparisons between the two, once people start receiving this new version.

5 Likes

Here are the Specs, Diorama has a lighter base weight, but the 7075 is more dense, It should be a fun noticeable performance difference. Like @AaronW said

Diorama

• Base Weight: 59.30 grams
  • Shipping Weight: 61.75 grams with aluminum Ultra Light Side Effects
  • Width: 37.85 mm
  • Diameter: 55.71 mm
  • Stock Response: One Drop Flow Groove
  • Gap Width: 4.32 mm
  • Bearing Size: Large (C) stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
  • Alloy: 7075 Aluminum
  • Finish: Pyramatte ™
  • Axle System: Side Effects ™

Panorama

• Base Weight: 60.45 grams
  • Shipping Weight: 63.2 grams with aluminum Lego Side Effects
  • Width: 37.85 mm
  • Diameter: 55.71 mm
  • Stock Response: One Drop Flow Groove
  • Gap Width: 4.32 mm
  • Bearing Size: Large (C) stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
  • Alloy: 6061 Aluminum
  • Finish: Pyramatte ™
  • Axle System: Side Effects ™
3 Likes

I can tell you some. The Diorama is lighter, 60ish grams. Diorama feels floatier yet faster/zippier on the string. The Panorama in comparison feels more dense, more stable, more laidback. Not that the Diorama isn’t stable, it certainly is, just in comparison to the Pano. If you’ve spent time with the Panorama you’ll definitely feel and notice the difference. These are by far my favorite new yoyos in a long time.

15 Likes

One Drop has been selling new releases directly for a while so it’s hard to say if/when we will get any. Our One Drop section has turned into a small shelf. :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

I always see people posting their pretty ‘Saturday Markets’, but I always get skunked on them. The deep state I got last fall has been the worse. I’m done trying to get a good one.

13 Likes

It can definitely be hit or miss, and ofcourse…beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I’ve gotten 3 SM yoyos so far, although I sold 1 (Burnside 2020, wasn’t for anno…I just didn’t jive with it).

Here’s my Sugarglider and 1st run Panorama:

Oh, and that Burnside (old photo):

Got a SM Diorama coming in the mail. Based on the sample photo, I’m pretty excited about it!

8 Likes

ShadowKat is the new SM

9 Likes

There’s a lot of demand I’m guessing. I’m team Saturday market but I haven’t been thrilled with my last couple. My Legendary Terrarian and my Aitch didn’t have much color. My Deep State though:

The other half is fine but it’s more blue and silver. I keep this side face up because it’s beautiful :drooling_face: and yes I keep a pink frog on my Lego side effects.

11 Likes

Lego Bonsai has more pink frogs than any other set ever made!!!

13 Likes

I wish they would bring back fades

4 Likes

And maybe some more swirls….

3 Likes