GCR or NER?

While looking at the websites for US regional contests, I’ve noticed that GCR and NER haven’t been given dates for 2024. Does anybody know if they’re happening this year?

1 Like

Not sure about NER but there was some discussion about GCR on the r/Throwers discord and it seems like it’s probably not happening this year according to one of the event organizers from last year. If GCR happens to be close to you, you might consider UYYC in Kansas City, MO as an alternative. That’s the closest I was able to find to me since I’m in Texas. I was banking on going to GCR this year but UYYC it is! UYYC CONTEST – UNITED YOYO CONTEST

Northeast regionals is on April 6th!

1 Like

Bummer. I really can’t go to UYYC, mainly because it would still be a few hour flight, and my parents said we can only fly to one contest per year. Houston is only a 4 hour drive from where I live, and I wasn’t able to go last year because my family was on vacation in Quebec (it was worth it tho lol) I guess I’ll have my sights set on worlds.

sweet, NER was fun last year. Can’t think of a reason not to go. Definitely planning for Worlds in august too.

1 Like