G2 FOV (Show)Case

whats the raw one next to the steadffast?

Bit of a story behind that one and the details are all second or third hand, so I can’t really verify it all for sure.

So, it’s a Basecamp Expedition that I got in a trade. It was powdercoated in a Bape style colorway. It came with the box, which has “Wesley Cheng Custom - Anti-Camp Expezilla” written on the side of it in Sharpie. I asked the person that traded it to me about the history and was told that apparently there were some raw halves that were sold and someone that really loved the throw bought up a bunch of them. Had Wesley coat this one in that color. Unfortunately, the coating was polished and had a lot of light surface scratches as well as a little bit of trash in it. The bearing was shot and I just wasn’t happy with how the coating looked overall. So I stripped the powdercoat off and replaced the bearing with a Pixel bearing. So now I have a raw polished Expedition!

My FOV cases arrived yesterday. Selecting and organizing throws to equip them has been a blast in itself. Thanks to @G2_Jake for making those cases available and sending them out to me over the great pond. I couldn’t be happier with this storage/carry/display solution.

23 Likes

Wow!!

5 Likes

Here’s what I’ve been carrying in the Mini FOV lately.
RSO Burger / G2 Grunt / TMBR WeHnge
Custom G2 Pelican / Custom G2 Life / OD Top Deck

17 Likes

WellI could name them all but why when you already know them.

11 Likes

Only 11 more RBG to go until I have a full RBGOV

15 Likes

My G2 Ti FOV. Not the most colorful FOV out there but I really like it. :grin:

17 Likes

Few Banshees

10 Likes

Photos after this post through Sunday will be included for the giveaway talked about on MMYY. Good luck!

6 Likes

15 Likes

I love the FOV case. I always felt bad about having yo-yos in cases because you can’t see what you have and often that reduces the play those throws get. I love to keep my FOV cases on display in addition to my main collection:

21 Likes

15 Likes

Edits for color correction. Gotta do em justice!

14 Likes

Current Fill, but still not fully curated

11 Likes

Obligatory meme.

15 Likes

This case will eventually be a full RBGOV

14 Likes

Mostly Jake, but some Damian. Acquired by A. Calabrese

15 Likes

Just got one like yesterday and decided to unpack it and then filled it, its so cool

10 Likes

very jealous of that Ti Hollow!