G-String vs. YYN Highlights?

I wanna try out G-string but I’m not sure about spending the same amount I would on YYN Highlights for 100-count as opposed to 20-count of G-string. Does g-string last a long time? and is it more worth it over Highlights?

Yes and Yes, in my opinion. However, I highly suggest you try Perfect Fit String. It is a very high quality string, made for a lower price ;D

What colors and how much? How long does it last and what material? thanks Samad

I haven’t tried the strings Samad has suggested, but I do trust his judgment. However, I have tried both G-String and YYN Highlights. I like both, but YYN strings only last about a day or so, depending on usage. On the other hand, G-Strings can last weeks. I’ve had my G-String on my 888 for over a week now, and still is smooth and great tension. Also, for a very good string yet a little cheaper than G-String, check out Chaos strings sold on One Drop’s site. Dr Yoyo’s review made me buy some, but haven’t gotten them yet. I’ll let you know how they are after I try em a bit. But they are about 1/2 the price of G-Strings.

I started looking at chaos string too :slight_smile: I’m ordering some to try out

Folks, Highlights are basically a “house brand” of string that the Nation sells. Is it good stuff? Sure it is. You can’t go wrong with it.

It is not, however, even in the same league as stuff like GString, Alchemy, Chaos, etc. It’s really not even supposed to be. Highlights are nice, but don’t expect from it what you do from the others we’ve mentioned.

That’s nothing against Pat, the Nation, or anyone else. There’s just a difference between things like Slick 6 or 100P when compared to specialty strings.

Yeah I wasn’t putting them in the same category. In my opinion YYN Highlights are the good old standby. I always keep a bundle around. G Strings are amazing, but hard to come by sometimes and quite expensive. Two totally different levels of product. But if the Chaos strings play well, they will probably become my new favorite just because of the price and availability.

Samad where did you get the perfect fit string? I want to try some!!! Also some g-string too.

Contact ape7566. He makes high quality string that doesnt kill your wallet.

Everyone says that a good string “holds its tension.”

Anyone case to explain what that means, exactly? Thanks!

Erik

I suppose they mean it keeps neutral tension for a long time. Personally, I have never had a string react this way.

Yeah, by that they probably mean that the string doesn’t stretch out to much and get the permanent tight tension that some of the cheaper strings do, or the 50/50’s. Also I believe that’s why they last longer and are worth the money, because I know I change my string as soon as it get’s the stretchy tension on it. Hope that helped :slight_smile:

Chaos strings are the bomb! Good on your wallet and last a long time. I have tried about everything out there almost and so far my favorite is chaos. I do have highlights too which are good strings. I personally don’t care for the g-strings, too expensive. But that’s my personal preference.

also try some Auldey strings (PM me for place to get) they are good for slacks whips and suicides also lasts a long time

wow necro post

indeed, but correct me if I’m wrong, chaos string → no more avalaible and there won’t be, I don’t know where I read that they split up