Funny yoyo memes

This is offensive. Funny, but also offensive

6 Likes

How is it offensive? Geez, I had to edit this post because it sounded like I was trying to start something. I think solid pink yoyos look awesome and maybe I totally missed some kind of joke. Sorry.

IMG_1531

4 Likes

@chaosgow, which @TheThrowingGnome’s meme was directed to, runs OPyoyos (Only Pink) yoyos.

It was a pretty “touché” level comeback tbh

11 Likes

Yeah I thought it was clever

5 Likes

I’m 100% joking, I thought it was a good meme at my expense lmao. @TheThrowingGnome is a legend

13 Likes

I remember that NOW! Duh. I should have remembered it was only about 3 or so years ago I think?

1 Like

I’d have gone with something a little more like this…

(<3 u jordan lol)

5 Likes

6 Likes

I am reporting you to the meme police for hurting my feelings

6 Likes

skull emoji

7 Likes

me when the meta one

834ilb

26 Likes

Nobody shoot me :joy:

To be clear, speed is by no means the end all be all. Quite the opposite in fact. But as many of you are no doubt thinking, I share the opinion that “I’d rather watch someone do a simple trick smoothly than watch some guy spastically go as fast as he can”.

But personally, I’ve found real flow to be extremely difficult. Harder than horizontal, or behind the back horizontal, or triple slacks (etc.)

“Flow” comes when you’ve done a trick so many times that your hands can perform it quietly, with no wasted motion. When the trick is fully engrained in the hands.

This is why I think it’s a little odd when people commonly say to beginner yoyoers “nice flow”. Or when newer throwers buy organics so because they want to work on flow.

Speed is easier than flow.

Flow is true mastery.

Of course, newer yoyoers can start trying to have flow whenever they’d like, no one’s stopping them. But good luck. I’ve been practicing consistently for YEARS, and have achieved it (for real) on only a few tricks.

Side note: as the folks at ART (some of the best flow artists out there) have pointed out, making flow tricks is pretty hard too. It requires an intuitive knowledge of direction changes, Mount transitions, moving the yo-yo in a way that makes directional sense.

This can only be obtained with MANY hours of practice.

11 Likes

Idk, maybe if your meme needs this much unpacking it wasn’t that funny to begin with?

I went back ~400 posts and no one else gave this much commentary so it comes off less like a funny meme and more like a weird talking point from the arguments you have with made-up people in your head :man_shrugging:t5:

8 Likes

Who hurt you? @mistakenbigfoot

3 Likes

Fair enough, I did put down a lot of thoughts there.

I do think it’s a potentially interesting discussion though.

How various players view/achieve flow.

Maybe just not the right thread to put it on.

4 Likes

Lurking on this forum for an unhealthy amount of time mostly. Then my parents and classmates.

2 Likes

@SR1 BRO… how are you this quick?

I was literally just thinking “you know what, that post by @mistakenbigfoot seems like something Spence would like”

And then before my very eyes you were the first one to do it!

All love, never change man :smile:

IMG_7793

9 Likes