Fun versus competition? [poll]

What is the ratio between fun and competition style yoyos in your collection?

• Comp110%
  • Comp100%
  • Fun10% comp90%
  • Fun20% comp80%
  • Fun30% comp70%
  • Fun40% comp60%
  • 50/50
  • Fun60% comp40%
  • Fun70% comp30%
  • Fun80% comp20%
  • Fun90% comp10%
  • Fun 100%
  • Fun 110%

0 voters

4 Likes

I am the inevitable “all my yoyos are fun” comment

12 Likes

98% of my yoyos are 75% fun and 55% competition, the other 2% of my yoyos are 5% fun and 100% pain.

15 Likes

Competition is fun to me!

4 Likes

I feel bad for the people that buy expensive yoyos to compete with but fall asleep crying every night because those yoyos are no fun to play with. No wonder Gentry Stein always looks so sad. He’s a very depressed person. He hasn’t had fun in years.

14 Likes

All my yoyos are fun. Otherwise i don’t keep em. My banshee SS is a lot of fun and i could compete against anyone(in my mind) with my grail… I’ve never competed so i don’t think my ridiculous collection is competitive but i have loads of fun.

4 Likes

I don’t recognize a distinction. All my yoyos are fun, irrespective of shape or style.

9 Likes

I thought i accidently ate some bad fruit when I read this poll.

3 Likes

Since I don’t compete I don’t feel the need to force greatness out of my yoyos. I see them as relaxed, fun-loving buddies of mine.

4 Likes

Yesterday’s competition is today’s… fun? I dunno about this lol

3 Likes

…And a hundred percent reason to remember the name :musical_note:

4 Likes

Like, he doesn’t need his name up in lights
He just wants to be heard whether it’s the beat or the mic :musical_note:

1 Like

All mine compete for fun

4 Likes

bruh, he got his ti shutter and ti wangle, maybe, the price is too high, so he doesnt have enough friends that play with the ti shutter/wangle

1 Like

Holy heck

Why are we still pushing out this idea that competions and fun are mutually exclusive??? Who still believes that?

Also, that poll barely even makes sense.

5 Likes

I went with 60/40. I have a variety of shapes from chill/laid back to more competition-oriented throws (not that I compete).

As I don’t compete, I guess I could say that all of my throws are geared toward 110% fun

1 Like

I would contend that competition yoyos are fun and fun yoyos can be used for competition. :man_shrugging:

Everyone focuses on what’s attached to the finger when it’s really more about what’s attached to the yoyo, in my opinion.

4 Likes

I wish I had never spent for those expensive ones I have. They sit there neatly tucked away not being played much. The collectables at least get enjoyed and played from time to time.