FS: CLYW Dune & Old School Bundle (bundle Sold)

Would like to make a quick sale on these, no trades cash only. Prices include USPS Priority Mail Shipping. I can get them shipped tomorrow, Friday.

CLYW Dune - A grade, not fools gold. Grey fade or whatever they call it. No box. Just looked it all over, and I was wrong, can’t find any pin pricks like I thought were on it. Smooth yoyo. - $55

Old School Bundle SOLD

• San Francisco era Tom Kuhn No Jive - This one has seen better days. It’s a solid player. Could most likely be tuned to play smoother than it does now. I believe that this is a stamped Clean Machine. It appears to maybe have been through a hurricane, based on the person I bought it was from Florida and the stains on it. The inside appears that someone tried sanding the gap, doesn’t look pretty but doesn’t affect the play. I put a new axle sleeve on it, and cleaned up the axle a bit and did some tuning.

• Super Yo Renegade - Half swapped yellow/turquoises. If you’d prefer a solid color, just let me know which color, I own the other halves of this too. It’s near mint to be safe. A great yoyo from a great time in yoyoing.

• Sparkle Butterfly - rare sparkle version. I’ve got $25 in this yoyo alone. One scuff on the rim. Has a Fat Kitty string on it now, a really great playing Butterfly.

7 Likes

Hurricane or no, unfinished No Jives are rare and brilliant players. Does the reverse side say “SPECIAL” w/SMOO OOTH or is it the standard logo?

1 Like

It’s the standard logo.

Reason I say I believe that it’s originally unfinished (I really don’t have any real proof), is that there doesn’t appear to be any area that had finish on it. The stamped side doesn’t show any signs of being sanded (I should know, I’ve sanded a few :joy: ) Although, if it sat in water for awhile, maybe the finish cleanly pealed away. :man_shrugging:

I’ve got a number of great No Jives (Thanks Ed & Seth :grin: ), and working on clearing out the yoyos that are sitting. Why this one is listed :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

An unfinished, or matte finish, with the “SPECIAL” stamp is the last No Jive I’m searching for.

2 Likes

More photos added to the original post.

Cool. Yeah the “Special” ones were part of an official (but super limited) late 90’s release. I got one from Jason Tracy (which I’ve played until it looks like yours) and one from Steve Brown which has a tung oil finish on it. I have a totally raw brand new unfinished No Jive stamped with the original logo which I got from Chuck Short which he got back when he was with the company. I love all the variations of clean machines.

Not to derail the thread though - that yo-yo alone is super cool and worth the $ as an unfinished No Jive one wouldn’t be shy of playing hard.

3 Likes

Have asked Jason if he had any others, not sure if he ever got to look. Chuck didn’t have any extras.

One day. All good things come in time.

If you don’t mind me asking, what is the significance of the SMOO OOTH?

1 Like

The SPECIAL ones just happen to be stamped with “SMOO OOTH” on both sides, unlike the regular version which is stamped “FINE WOOD” on the NO JIVE side.

2 Likes

I’m heading to the post office this afternoon if anyone wants the Dune. Can get it shipped today!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.