Freshly Dirty Rooster & Canary!

Rooster:

The Rooster is a slightly undersized bi-metal design with a comfortable rounded h-shape profile. It’s also the first ever D bearing bi-metal produced by an American brand! The smaller diameter D bearing paired with the bi-metal construction gives the Rooster a really powerful spin without that overly heavy feel in play. A whole lot of trial and error went into getting this yo-yo perfect and the end result is really something special!

Releasing Friday 10/11 @ 8PM EDT.

Canary:

To create a modern yo-yo that pays proper homage to other D bearing yo-yos released upwards of 10 years ago is no easy task, but the Canary has blown us away! It has a low-mid wall that bumps out to a beautifully comfortable organic profile. Reminiscent of some older models, but offering impressive performance on par with modern throws. They kept the overall weight very low with a chunky rim to give the Canary a zippy yet powerful feel on the string that will keep you coming back for more!

10 Likes

Yall beter cop those canaries

4 Likes

Anyone here play with a Rooster yet? Mine should be here today!

Also…I’m kinda thinking it’d be fun to do a half-swap on this one. Then you get the red head and the green tail feathers haha.
Plus it’d be in Christmas colors which I love.

3 Likes

The Rooster vid is awesome playing the A-RT card with Jensen Beats

4 Likes

Like a “Canary on Steroids” @coleslaw_joe

2 Likes

I just got mine. So far, I’m liking it at least as much as the G2 Banshee SS. It’s quick and precise, with all of those D bearing benefits.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s some high praise!

2 Likes

That’s kind of an apples to oranges comparison, but both are amazing bimetals in their own right. The Rooster is easily my favorite FD throw that I’ve tried and the Banshee SS is my favorite G2. I was wary about the slightly undersized diameter, but it just fits perfectly in my hand. It’s greater than the sum of its parts.

3 Likes

Oh! The final Rooster (red) just now sold here at the YYE shop!

2 Likes

I agree 100%. The rooster is fast and maneuverable and stable.

3 Likes

Anyone with a mint red rooster willing to do a halfswap?
I really want one of these things in red/green! lol…I have the green half!

2 Likes

Just a heads up for anyone who may be interested…
YoYoExpert just put a few more Roosters in both colorways up for sale :slight_smile:.
I’ve really been enjoying this throw the last few days. A real joy to throw! It’s really grown on me!

2 Likes

BIG shout out to Bryan Gaynor (does he have a yye profile?) over on Facebook for making this half-swap happen!

8 Likes

So where does one get response pads for these yoyos?

you can get d-pads directly from FD’s website, but they’re sold out right now. Send them an email

Or from this website right here, where we have some in stock. :wink:

Sturm Panzer and HKMT make some D-Bearing size response pads that should fit:

2 Likes

I had to watch twice, so I could pay attention to the tricks the second time. The lyrics had me so fascinated!

Then I played it again, and just listened to it.

1 Like

One of my current favorite YouTube vids, such a fresh flow and it only has 174 views, it did make it into the Kitty thread on Insta though without Jensen Beats;

2 Likes

Anyone got a Canary and Euphonious they can compare for me? They seem really similar in shape and I’m wondering how the stainless compares to aluminum since they’re both D’s.

2 Likes