Free yoyo book to get you through the quarintine!

Hello!
update my free week is over, but I’ve left the ebook at $0.99 (The lowest Amazon will let me price it) so you can still read cheap.

I know so many of us are stuck at home right now, so I decided to make “How to Run a Boutique Yoyo Business” free for ebook download on Amazon for a couple days. ‘buy’ it now and read at your leisure, all I ask is a review once you’ve read it. Head to your country’s version of amazon to check it out.

How to Run a Boutique Yoyo Business

23 Likes

do you run a yoyo business?

1 Like

You heard of rain city skills?

3 Likes

yes. does @MrYoyoThrower run it?!

1 Like

It says he does in his bio.

Plus yes if you check out RCS website it has more tidbits of info about Mr Jeremy

Sorry Peyton. Didn’t mean to come off rude.

3 Likes

@MrYoyoThrower I’m sorry! I said I’d write a review on Amazon but got so caught up in things that I only got to skim portions but two days ago I really dug in and am finding it fascinating! Anyone else interested…well, the title says it all but it’s more than a business book. You get a first hand account of how Jeremy got interested in yoyos then ran King Yo Star in Canada, was on the team for MonkeyfingeR Designs and then formed his own company, Rain City Skills. This book will give you a great understanding and new respect for those that run boutique yoyo companies and any store that specializes in yoyos.

7 Likes

im going to buy the book soon so I can just pick it up and read it when I want, it got recommend to me by @T4t3z0r88

1 Like

i didn’t take it as rude! no offense taken. :smiley: it was informative too.

5 Likes

This would be a great read for you since you’re in the string making biz. This book makes me think of yoyos in a different way…the work and trial and errors…the great things that can happen with pushing forward and never giving up.

Very valid question if you don’t know much about me. I really need to find out how to change my account name on here to clarify. I’m Mryoyothrower on other platforms. I’ve run Rain City Skills for 3 years now. Before that I ran an online retail store called Return Top Shop, and before that I managed the north american branch of a Chinese brand called King Yo Star, so I’ve been at this a while!

9 Likes

wow! i love it when very well known brand owners, like @G2_Jake, and @sfyoyos, and even you are on the forum.

5 Likes

I try to get on here at least once a week to connect with people, it’s such a great forum and Andre has been super supportive of the Brand.

5 Likes

Andre is super nice.

this is the exact reason i enjoy this!

3 Likes
1 Like

I won a random contest Jeremy put up on Facebook in December…asked him if he had anything in green…he sent me a prototype Author in green and it took my breath away! It’s beautiful and I love the hell out of the yo because it feels so different from any other yo I own (it’s so light!).
I’m now forever a Jeremy fanboy! :slight_smile: :heart:

2 Likes

Lol, most excellent!

2 Likes

“Bought” it! Thanks so much for making this available :smiley:

3 Likes

maybe the use of an emoji or two may negate the initial unintended rudeness of some of your comments Frankie :joy: :joy: :v:

3 Likes

As a person who tends to read things in a dour tone I think the emojis help a lot :grin:

2 Likes

Excellent! Enjoy the read, I hope you get something useful out of it.

2 Likes