Free MonkeyfingeR Yo-yo! Contest

Totally understand. For me it was an excuse to get off my arse and do some MFD tutorials, which I had already been planning to do. The video was way more time-consuming to film and edit than I planned for, but it was great fun learning new skills (had never edited a video before). The nighttime shots were actually more a function of lack of time than a design decision. I could only ever film myself at night, and the nighttime indoor shots I was capturing weren’t all that exciting.

Then I had to beg my wife to mind the kids here and there while I put together some daytime footage. It wasn’t at all easy to find the time, but once I got started I found it a bit addicting; very much like learning the tricks themselves!

Having scoured most of the MFD tutorials now, I’m eager to get back into it and grab a few favourites I’ve discovered. I got started learning Wheels of DOOOooom, but the slacky part was biting off more than I could chew. Will definitely learn it soon, though!

1 Like

This was a challenging contest, nice work to those that got it done. Pop over to the mfd facebook page and like it, or keep your eye here, there is a new, much easier contest happening. All you have to do is name a cartoon character and give him a brief backstory. The video contest still has 2 days though, so if you are inspired get at it!

Only one day left to get those submissions in!

Last call, four hours to go!

They decided to award a second one to me (presumably after seeing my unparalleled skills, har har!); very happy and looking forward to getting the Lesula!

Thanks for all the tutorials, Jeremy… I’ve still got dozens to go through, contest or no! I’m no good at Facebook so I don’t know how to get the link to the specific announcement, but here’s… er… SOMETHING Facebooky: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MonkeyfingeR-Design/198601986818059

So stoked…!