FPV drones?

Anybody into this hobby… I’ve been looking into it and watching videos but I’m still confused on what I need to get started… any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

My channel… Nobody seemed to know much/be involved in fpv on here so figured id share… If anyone needs any help feel free to message me… Good vibes

1 Like

Not into FPV flying, but I did get my Phantom3 out and took it for a test flight today. I’m gonna use it tomorrow to photo a job site.

1 Like

This is some amazing flying and great tunes! Can’t imagine flying like this, but it sure looks fun. Well done!

1 Like

Thanks man appreciated and happy you liked it! GPS Drones are cool too they’re better for photos/stills IMO and easier to get into which is nice… These are alot more fun to fly/and a little more cinematic would definitely reccomend trying a simulator/ flying one if you like video games and driving it’s like the best of both worlds!

1 Like

Do you build your own drones? Are FPV drones cheaper than gps models? I’d be scared of crashing!

1 Like

You can i have a few custom made/ Bind n flys but its actually cheaper to get them premade and just do repairs later… Cheaper but the rest of the set up is where the cost is… Way more durable than a normal drone… That said i did just break my vtx (visual transmitter) today (roughly $150) from a crash… Was being crazy though haha… If you start on the simulator you’ll get most the beginner crashes out of the way!

1 Like

My son is into it big time. He was jumping out of planes and crashing pretty hard. I gave him my Mavic as s gateway drug and he took it from there. He’s doing really well. Check out blackbeard_fpv

2 Likes

Sounds like a pretty cool dad :smiley:

2 Likes

I saw the thread and remembered how I once had a chance to fly a DJI drone … It was several years ago, and I was very afraid that I would lose it or break it. The flight turned out to be nervous, and the result was not very good, but sometimes I think about learning how to fly a drone

1 Like

Adam Blackwell (@blackbeard_fpv) • Instagram photos and videos
This happened to my son Friday.

2 Likes

That’s cool!

2 Likes

I am! I don’t really know what you are asking for but I can tell you some tips or what FVP drones or goggles to buy. :grinning:

Ha this is almost 2 years old now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Heyy i found your son

2 Likes

Dang i didnt even see that he linked it on his ig. I legit just remembered his user from that video lol

1 Like

Thats awesome. Trashing Mr. Steels drone was pretty funny. Last week he was accused of stealing one of Mr Steels videos. A big group of guys came to his defense. They both live in Atlanta so they fly a lot of the same places.

He has been working at ThunderDrones for the last few days. He hopes it becomes permanent.

1 Like

He can make a jungle gym out of anything.
Adam Blackwell (@blackbeard_fpv) • Instagram photos and videos

1 Like