For Sale ... Tom Kuhn Aspen, Playmaxx Crow'd Fusion, and more

Oh … almost forgot. Was looking for Cold Fusions. Found an extra Cold Fusion Isotope 1 … It’s one of the ones on the bottom row in the picture. Mint in package. EMAIL me if interested. Best offer, $400 or above.

David
whistler42@swcp.com

4 Likes

Just hope he has an ace :crossed_fingers:

That I can afford.

Here’s a picture of the Cold Fusion Iso 1.

David

5 Likes

Okay, I’ve received a lot of emails about prices. I sell things for what I believe they are worth, based upon my collecting experience for over 35 years now. I have people contacting me all the time asking for items, because they cannot find them anywhere else. Those are rare items. Rariety and demand means prices are higher on those things.

And nothing in life is FREE. So please stop asking for free stuff. When things are free, people don’t appreciate them anyway. I see that everyday.

You won’t get any bargains on rare items. Yes, prices will be lower on things that I have a bunch of. If I have a extra of an item I will sell it for what I think it is worth. I will even sell an item that I only have ONE of from the museum collection. I will document the item in the museum and send it off. But those items will cost more … because I treasure this stuff. And if it is important enough to the buyer to pay a premium price for something they REALLY want, I will let it go.

But I am a very lucky man. I survived surgery for a serious heart defect last summer. I am happy and at peace. Financially secure. Have a job that I love. An awesome wife. I am selling things to thin down my collection. Remove some clutter from my life. And help some of you find the treasures you’ve been wanting. But I don’t HAVE to sell these things. If no one wants or appreciates them enough to pay what they are worth, I will just keep them.

David

12 Likes

I hope you don’t mind @yoyodave42 but I edited in the photos from your 2nd post into your first post. That’s quite a collection :star_struck:

Tap the topic title (or press the home key on your keyboard) to jump to the top.

I was kinda looking for a beater Cold Fusion but Dave only has mint collector level stuff :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve been privileged to have been doing business with Dave for over 20 years, firstly as a customer of his online shop and then as as a fellow collector.
I can honestly say I have never dealt with a more honest and trust worthy person ever.
You may think his prices are high but they represent a lifetime of collecting and the rarity of the items he has to offer. He doesn’t have to sell and good luck finding the treasures has to offer elsewhere.
If you really want it and are willing to pay what it’s worth then look no further.

5 Likes

Dave is a solid dude and has been involved in yoyoing since before some folks here were even born.

But it’s important to remember that he is a collector. This isn’t a fire sale from someone looking to offload their throws because they are getting out of yoyoing. And there aren’t likely to be deals on “player” condition throws. These are collector yoyos kept in collector condition and will probably be priced accordingly.

2 Likes

“And nothing in life is FREE. So please stop asking for free stuff. When things are free, people don’t appreciate them anyway. I see that everyday.”

This seems like a bit of a harsh generalization. I’ve seen plenty of things given away, gifted, donated, etc. that are very appreciated.

That being said, under no circumstances should you ever have to be harrassed by others or feel pressured to give your prized possessions away.

2 Likes

Trust me @twitch77, Dave is for real and has all the stuff he’s listing, and more. No issues dealing with him.

Given some of the initial reactions to Dave’s offers, I think the reply is warranted. And rather tame.

3 Likes

I never meant to call into question his credibility…honestly. I was just trying to say that the people who were asking for photos probably weren’t asking because they had any doubts on what he had…but rather because they were curious on what he had.

Leaves a LOT to the imagination. It’s only natural to be intrigued by this and to want to see what he’s got.

I guess I shouldn’t have said anything. I wasn’t trying to step on anyone toes here.

3 Likes

Yes, I guess to the young’uns and the unwashed it would seem that way.

2 Likes

A lot. :slight_smile:

Select “David Hall” in the owner field.

3 Likes

I think his point is that rando people begging for freebies doesn’t create appreciation in the same way as when someone sees a genuine need and donates something from their heart.

There’s a lot of “Can’t hurt to ask, right?” type of begging on the internet (see ChoosingBeggars on reddit). But really, it’s pretty low class to be trying to get someone to give you something for free when they are obviously trying to sell that thing.

I love free stuff and deals as much as the next guy. But I won’t be rude or inconsiderate to try and make that happen.

5 Likes

I agree, I’m currently in a situation I can’t get an Ace from him. So what, if it is meant for me to have one, then I’ll come across one when I can buy one. Begging for free things is kinda low. Don’t get me wrong. Jeff sending out 40 dollars worth of stuff as a welcome pack. That is cool. Begging for someone to send you something that IS highly sought after, and valued is not ok.

3 Likes

Hey Dave,
If you ever need a heart I’ll trade mine for some yoyos. My heart is in mint condition and it’s never been used. :wink:

More seriously, I’m glad everything is going well. I still appreciate all the advice you gave me when I was starting our school yoyo club! You have touched more people than you know!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.