Fixed Axle February 2024 - Week 4

Love that you’re still playing the Imperial!

4 Likes

Haha, thanks! I’ve been trying to fit it in there somewhere each week, been a fun and rewarding challenge at times. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here are the main 5 for this week!

Windshield wipe(R)
Double or nothing chopsticks
Varial
Reverse stall
Tape measure

Using my OGOM hand made and infused with magic (or so he calls it) by Jon gates himself. Getting to watch him make these and see how he does it is somethibg special.

I’ll post the guest trick later when I get it :slight_smile: thanks boomers for putting this on! It’s been a fun February, can’t wait for March!

14 Likes

It’s the stock bearing with thick grease inside. I actually have an easier time using a responsive bearing for most of my tricks than I do with an actual fixed-axle. For instance, I had a hell of a time trying to land this combo on a fixed-axle this morning… but it was still fun to try.

19 Likes

Up to you on bearings. Not gonna make you use one if you don’t want to

3 Likes

Enough grease and it’s nearly a fixie anyway :wink:

1 Like

Amazing! Morris must be so proud!

1 Like

This was Epic!

Notes for our After Action Review; 2025- Secure a Sposor or prize for best/most entertaining video production.

8 Likes

Hahaha, thanks! I had a lot of fun in general this month. Really wanted to end on a high note, lol. My first FAF, or any yoyo related event actually! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Why do I suddenly want a Slim Jim?

6 Likes

Hi all! It’s my attempt for week 4.
All 5 tricks + the guest trick with Duncan Butterfly

14 Likes

SNAP INTO IT!!

I thought we were going to see a varial on that imperial!!

Very fun video!

2 Likes

Hades with an over lubed bearing let’s goooo!!! (Just kidding y’all I’ll prolly be using a fh1 or deep state)

5 Likes

I double dog dare you lol

3 Likes

Doooo it! 100g responsive goes super hard. Like knuckle pain hard…

3 Likes

Hades is only 80g and I do play it responsive hah! Every time I do maintenance and lube the bearings it goes responsive for like and hour or two.

2 Likes

I was a bit bored this Friday, so I put a little extra effort into the video. Tried to soundtrack it with my tongue drum, and managed to hit everything with an imperial shape (though it is an authentic pro yo-yo, as it says on the outside of it, so that helped haha). Got all 5… gonna try the Iceberg stall with a different yoyo of course haha

19 Likes

Yo imma share this here! I already won one of the giveaways ( :hugs: ) and therefore cannot win this week but I was happy with this combo! I learned the rest of the tricks this week also but don’t feel like putting them into a video. This windshield wiper trick is cool though! I like the utility of it.

16 Likes

Here’s the guest trick!
It’s not balanced on my flat hand, and that’s OK, because that’s it lol, too many hours, too many drops, balance tricks are difficult for me, and broke my butterfly (good thing I have that Duncan bag on the way)

17 Likes

I like this. It’s very serial-killer-with-a-yoyo-y

6 Likes