Fixed Axle February 2024 - Week 3

Hello Boomers
Here is my entry for week 3 it’s been really fun so far thank you for all the efforts!

YouTube https://youtube.com/shorts/pPNzpFi62F0?feature=share

13 Likes

Hahaha @MattC has been killing the hosting this month! Peace, Love, and Chicken Grease. :poultry_leg:

Also I had a feeling dump trucks was going to be a trick this week… Time to finally get that one right. For some reason I’ve always struggled with it.

8 Likes

For anyone needing a breakdown of Nate’s special guest Feel Good Fixie Combo, here it is from the man himself:

“Front throw to split bottom stall, out of stall to paddle ball pass, to grab and redirection, Makin’ da zines to trapeze stall, dump truck to double or nothing, all out to kick flip”

14 Likes

For some reason I kept thinking the backhand balance/stall was just a forward pass and landing it on the top of my hand, was practicing that for a solid 10 minutes smacking my knuckles as well as my coworker who was also trying…Had it wrong the whole time and realized after I did successfully balance it from the forward pass.

Duncan Butterfly is seeming to be quite the champ for locking itself in on the balance (did it a couple times “properly”)

Dump Trucks…I struggle with that one, it just doesn’t look right. I am using a half swapped yoyo just so I have a visual of it turning over. Seems like the yoyo just falls off and unwinds.

Kickflips…much harder on fixed axle as we’re dealing with string tension.

7 Likes

I’m struggling understanding the dump trucks also. The yo-yo falls off the screen in the video there. I’m not understanding how you regen it and come back up on the same trapeze mount if the roll off is opposite?

3 Likes

Please see below for my Week 3 Submission
First 4 tricks, no guest trick yet unfortunately.
@KirbyRobot I also threw some action footage of my DIY in here :wink:
Bonus trick at the end as usual!

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to seeing the submissions!
Proud part of the YoYo Boom Boom Boomers Club! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

It’s all about the swing. If you swing the whole thing (strings and yoyo) correctly, it should remain in the same constelation (? :smiley: ), but upside down. From there, the yoyo should unwind naturally, kind of the same way you would go to undermount stall - landing on the opposite side of the string.

I hope this makes sense :smiley:

EDIT: i would set it up laying down on the table to visualise what’s needed to happen.

3 Likes

I cant in good conscience allow this video submission. Getting a stunt double to do the tricks for you is unacceptable. /s

5 Likes

LMAO! Yep, I get my hair cut once a year, I grow it out then donate it, so it goes from one extreme to another right around mid-Feb each year, lol. Throws people for a loop at times. :rofl:

6 Likes

I was about to write how i don’t understand that people are just hitting the Backhand Balance to Lunar Landing so casually and it seems impossible to me. But i said to myself: Stop complaining and go try it! And i tried. I like that mine didn’t really stall, but slowly rolled on my hand. :smiley:

I am happy with my Dumptrucks tho. I did one to the front and the second one to the back.

I’m looking forward to dive into the guest trick on Sunday!

OH YEAH AND THE LINK IS HERE.

11 Likes

Got my tricks done, I think! Hwre is my submission for week 3 four tricks. A little bit sloppy but working on cleaning the nuances up.

14 Likes

“kickflip” - try to land softer, and when it hits lift that thrunhand slightly so it does not lock to the axle.
Good luck

It’s bc the curling in of the finger. Here is a slow clip. Just make sure you’re curling the index in.

14 Likes

The dump changes the rotation of the yoyo. By inverting the yoyo theside the string rotates from changes back into the original breakaway.

Dump creates the regen

5 Likes

Here’s a Stop and go. This may be the only submission I get out this week so I tacked on the sponsor picture. Thanks!

Happy FAFFAF!

10 Likes

This may help

Also the Bandalores channel overall is a fantastic resource for 0A tricks. Kinda hoping the guys pick it up again. :wink:

6 Likes

Oh word. Ok thanks everyone for the help. Totally makes sense.

3 Likes

Perfect tutorial vid!

2 Likes

Hello Boomers
Here is my celebrity trick entery!

I had so much fun on this.

18 Likes

Just a quick note folks. We accidentally omitted Zipline Strings from this week’s Sponsors. We apologize for the omission. It has since been corrected in the original post.

Raffle winners this week will each receive Zipline Strings to go along with their yo-yos.

Thanks!

13 Likes