FiXED AXLE CHALLENGE: The Tenth Circle

Until the day I die… 8)

Unless Mr. Brewster posts in the next couple hours, in the case he didn’t already surpass this round and I didn’t realize, Thunderdome begins. If you don’t recognize the reference, use these last couple hours watching Mad Max: Beyond ThunderDome. Your dad should recognize this movie.

Until someone gets knocked out.

Much pun intended.

I think Mr. Brewster should enjoy his vacation :wink:

1 Like

I hope no one gets hurt in the pursuit of the prizes here, but if anyone knocks themself out on camera, can we please see the video?

My knees, wrists, fingers, and arm already hurt.

Rest up, by my count there’s only 2 1/2 hours till the next trick is posted.

I’m enjoying doing school.

Heck, if it’s only Logi and I left after 2 hours, I’d be super stoked on getting a play simply no jive signed by the master himself (I don’t care if you’re gonna be humble about being a “master” Ed, you’re one to me :))

My only hope is to get one of those. If I win, I’d be surprised. I think your skills are above mine.

This. What awesome folks you have someone. ;D

1 Like

I think we’re pretty even, which makes me think: what if none of us can land the trick? What if we can only land either together or not at all?

IF we get to a trick that the NONE of the remaining competitors lands in time, we will go to a sudden death round. In that round I will pre-announce a start time (probably early evening) and post a final trick. First one to post themselves hitting it correctly takes it.

1 Like

Uh
Let’s hope we never have to do that cause we all know who would be the first to post…

GOOD NEWS!

For Logi and Someone!
In officially retiring myself from this competition

I got about 7 or 8 really good attempts, only to miss the hop to lunar…

At this point, I won’t be anywhere w/ a signal before the round is over, so instead of holding you guys up, I’ll just call it.

Maybe next time something like this happens I can push farther.

As it is, I’m burnt out, and somehow inspired.
Funny how that works.

Good luck you two! You deserve it!
Can’t wait to watch your vids when I’m back in town!

NOOO

That’s too bad lol. I know you’re certainly capable of doing this trick based on how close you were in your vid. You definitely have my respect.

2 Likes

Ugh. It’s brutal to lose Adam, especially on a technicality. He’s one of the most skilled throwers on fixed axle (and responsive yo-yo’s in general), and I’ve learned a metric ton from him over the years. I’m sure if he weren’t on his trip he’d still be right in this.

Gotta say, I loved watching Someone and Logi hit this trick after bludgeoning themselves senseless. They went HARD to hit it (as evidenced in the desperation and relief in Someone’s parents’ voices). I know the landscape of that kind of desperation. It’s not a place I like to hang out all the time, but coming back from it is the BEST.

Round 11 coming up momentarily. Should I make it easier?

1 Like

No.

Just no snapstarts please.

Hahahaha. I’ll give your hand a break.
Though they may not be gone for good… :wink:

1 Like

Man, you were sooo close! Sad to loose you!

NEVER!

Hardcore to the end.

Someone and Logi: Congrats and good luck.